Zebra pillbugs!

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Unfortunately no, he has not released any pictures to the public. They must be very beautiful to be $50 less than a pair of Macropanesthia rhinoceros, lol! :p

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I wonder if that's a typo and he meant $20? I certainly wouldn't mind some pictures!

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'll shoot him a message and see what he says. Maybe I'll get lucky and get a picture too!

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I finally got a video with a view of the juveniles:[YOUTUBE]jghvrWwJiFo[/YOUTUBE]

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is a cool-looking specimen! This species seems to have a lot of variability. There's an isopods group on Facebook where a zebra pillbugs breeder has isolated a pale grey strain. I can't wait until the orange zebras come along!

Marika

Arachnoangel
I also keep these, I bought 10 last fall and now I have...well, a lot more : D. Really cool-looking species.

MWAInverts

Arachnoknight
Very nice pics. I'm most likely going to pick these guys up soon as well. Very cool specimens!

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I think mine are finally reaching adulthood so now I just need them to breed!

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good luck! Let us know if you find any particulars that encourage successful breeding! :)
Mine have been breeding like rabbits since they first started... they are definitely one of the more prolific isopods I keep.
They like ventilation...I have two ~1.5" holes cut in the lids and covered with tight-weave chiffon fabric, with a few holes drilled in the sides of the containers and covered in the same way. I give them plenty of oak leaves, aspen shavings, and hickory chips, and a few pieces of cuttlebone. They get Omega One fish food pellets about twice a week, and small bits of fruits and veggies once a week or so. I keep them dryer than most isopods, but I do mist the enclosure (usually just in one spot) about twice per week. Oh, and they LOVE to hang out under cork bark, so they always have a slab or two in the enclosure.