Scorpion Videos

Lewis Catlin

Arachnoknight
Heterometrus Cyaneus i5 Female with an amazing feeding response. Imagine if that was your finger doing some spot cleaning !!
View attachment IMG_4673.mp4

my two new buthids eating already. Arrived Thursday!
Funny how mealworms always make scorpions flip over during the take down!

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Good job !! He / she must not have been too happy... :rofl:
Nope that she wasn't but this particular crassicauda is more flight than fight, she flees in absolutely blind panic crashing into any object in order to get back out of sight if my presence becomes known. But cornered I am sure she would turn into your typical defensive crassicauda.

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
Nope that she wasn't but this particular crassicauda is more flight than fight, she flees in absolutely blind panic crashing into any object in order to get back out of sight if my presence becomes known. But cornered I am sure she would turn into your typical defensive crassicauda.
Great example on how to remove a scorpion though !! :D

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
HAHAHA... nice trick with the rocks :rofl:

🤣 Thanks I always use large water dishes for subadult and adult Scorpionidae like the Emperor. The stones are an insurance against drowning so the deeper waterdish offers them a means of drinking, soaking, and ultimately contributes to the humidity of the enclosure. 👍

erinpuppy

Arachnopeon
Here’s a video i just took of my scorpie. this is my emperor(?) that we bought at petco. we’ve had him over 2 years. he molted once and is now full grown. please no unsolicited advice. although if anyone knows how to ID i would be happy to hear opinions.
sorry if the video is bad ? i took a really great video and i don’t know why it looks bad on youtube. hoping the quality goes up in a few hours. let me know if it’s still bad

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Here’s a video i just took of my scorpie. this is my emperor(?) that we bought at petco. we’ve had him over 2 years. he molted once and is now full grown. please no unsolicited advice. although if anyone knows how to ID i would be happy to hear opinions.
sorry if the video is bad ? i took a really great video and i don’t know why it looks bad on youtube. hoping the quality goes up in a few hours. let me know if it’s still bad

Yes, that’s an emperor.

I don’t know what the current substrate is, but it should be something that holds moiture and is diggable. Like coco fiber or something similar.

ebld

Arachnopeon
Hello! A Finnish couple here, relatively new scorpion owners :)
Here's wwo videos of our Heterometrus Petersii called Piru. I recorded them in Snapchat so that's why they are in the ever annoying vertical form (please use horizontal :D )

Piru in a plastic container waiting to get back in his home world while we did some maintenance in the terrarium. He is a bit brownish, the exoskeleton isnot quite hardened permanently after molt.

Piru checking out his habitat after we added coconut mulch and freshened up his (old fish tank) enclosure.

Heterometrus Perersii called Piru. Just after adding coconut mulch. We let him out from the temporary holding box and he started to investigate the surroundings.
Sorry about the vertical video, this is originally from my Snapchat.
View attachment Snapchat-933507787.mp4

Centipedism

Arachnosquire
Found a small mouse in my sink this evening.

Last edited:

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
My Hottentotta franzwerneri boys enjoying their lamp and 90F+ temps until my phone cam brightens their lives.

View attachment InShot_20230108_102002250.mp4

View attachment InShot_20230108_120532404.mp4

Juvenile female Leiurus jordanensis. The species coloration ranges from light brown to deep black. This one has a nice "grey" coloration.

View attachment InShot_20230124_103134506.mp4

Leiurus Jordanensis like all Leiurus species love 90F+ temperatures and will often "sunbath" under my lamps they get so out of it with outstretched pedipalps they can even appear dead unless someone's phone camlight "snaps" them out of it.

View attachment YouCut_20230320_115457572.mp4

View attachment YouCut_20230320_115548044.mp4

lol
View attachment YouCut_20230320_121003017.mp4

4:47pm Pacific. Subadult L. jordanensis worshipping the heat lamp again.

View attachment YouCut_20230322_170528346.mp4

Last edited by a moderator: