Acanthoscurria fracta question

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
I was considering getting an Acanthoscurria collection, and I think you may have convinced me with these pictures. Off to the classifieds!

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is that what the name settled on for the species in the rest of the thread?
The thread started out as Acanthoscurria fracta for this species. That’s what the hobby named this species as long ago. After posting this thread come to find out that fracta no longer existed and the species should have never been named such as.
Long story short after researching thoroughly the name Acanthoscurria simoensi belongs to this species.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Nice rare spider. Definitely hard to come by. A. fracta is synonyms with A. natalensis. See this paper. To confuse things, A. natalensis was in the hobby some years back, but it was actually Nhandu carapoensis, so if you google A. natalensis, most of the pics are N. carapoensis. ( I hope that makes sense) I haven't had A.fracta/natalensis in probably over a decade, but I had no problem keeping them like any other AcanAcanthoscurriathoscurria.

Later, Tom
oops lol long going thread from 2013!!
I got acanthoscurria insubtilis and not sure if it was mis labeled or what happened to it . Maybe it matured out I think , real shame I didn’t buy more. My nhando carponensis is doing good tho, part of that order.
Down to 54 Ts from 80 3-4 years ago , so many males. And some bad molts, reverting back to My T care of 7-8 years ago. Ive never seen Fracta at all or acanthoscurria insubtilis for sale since.

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The last thing I gotta due now is hope to pair my male, female and get some babies. Eventually show off the males emboli as well. Than this thread can come to a close.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
The thread started out as Acanthoscurria fracta for this species. That’s what the hobby named this species as long ago. After posting this thread come to find out that fracta no longer existed and the species should have never been named such as.
Long story short after researching thoroughly the name Acanthoscurria simoensi belongs to this species.
Ehh I see , we’rent some nhandos in the genus once? Or vice versa?
So confusing!!!:alien

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
So do these pictures mean that the pairing ended poorly for the male?
I'd probably assume not - if the pairing ended poorly, I doubt we'd have anything left to take pictures of besides a squashed ball of tarantula mush. :eek:

Theneil

Arachnoprince
I'd probably assume not - if the pairing ended poorly, I doubt we'd have anything left to take pictures of besides a squashed ball of tarantula mush. :eek:
Well i figured something bad must've happened if he has disembodied emboli...

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Hopefully he passed away due to natural causes and made for a good dissection specimen.
Hopefully, but unless i am missing something the pairing was supposed to happen less than a month ago. That's why i can't help but think the female decided to be unfriendly...

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Hopefully, but unless i am missing something the pairing was supposed to happen less than a month ago. That's why i can't help but think the female decided to be unfriendly...
Oh... I missed that tidbit of info. You might be onto something. :bag: