Best food to feed slings?

josh_cloud

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
get back on topic

do the easy thing and feed your slings termites. i think i saw some for sale on here.

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Termites? Or mealworms..

I haven't tried anything besides pinheads, large cricket's legs, and fruit flies.. I don't recommend the flies for someone as impatient as me.

butch4skin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Kind of inappropriate, IMO
Oh, come on man. Let's get over all the huffy puffy bull. Everybody should be able to take a joke. Let's learn from the mistakes of the past, and move forward. And if we can laugh a little in the mean time, why the hell not? I've no problem with people not finding a particular issue humorous, but don't try to censor public discourse because of it, just don't respond, if it's too lowbrow for you. I'm not saying that's what you or talkenlate were trying to do, problemchild, just expressing my general opinion on so called "closed topics".

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have no idea if Ryan is jewish or not, but he made it pretty clear he doesn't find the subject humorous. And you should probably honor that, or check the rules.

Reminds me of the southpark episode where after 21.2 years something tragic becomes ok to make fun of, the subject in this episode being AIDs. I'm sure if someone who has a disease like this catches you making fun of it, they would probably find it distasteful and rude.

J&MINVERTS

Arachnopeon
food for slings

they said squat maggots are good also and u can get them from bait shops duirng hot season

butch4skin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have no idea if Ryan is jewish or not, but he made it pretty clear he doesn't find the subject humorous. And you should probably honor that, or check the rules.

Reminds me of the southpark episode where after 21.2 years something tragic becomes ok to make fun of, the subject in this episode being AIDs. I'm sure if someone who has a disease like this catches you making fun of it, they would probably find it distasteful and rude.

They very well might, but all the same, they've no right to tell me what is appropriate for me to say. I'm an adult, I can make that decision for myself and accept the consequences. Some people find abortions as offensive as murder. Personally, I don't, and I'll talk about abortion or joke about it all I want, and nobody is going to stop me, no matter how offended they are. The moderators may kick me off the site, that's they're prerogative, but until then I will continue to type whatever I feel like. I've no idea if ryan is jewish or not either, but if he is, he should learn to take a joke. If he isn't, then his apparent righteous indignation just comes off as immensely pompous and contrived. I think he's just a really uptight person, but that's just the way it seems to me. There ain't no secrets on this board, and the moderators will read this thread if they haven't already, so whatever.

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am very open voiced as well, and usually joke about all kind of stuff with my close friends. (You wouldn't even want to hear us haha..) But on an open forum with different people with different beliefs, I think we should be a bit more conservative so we can all talk about what is important.. Arachnopets!

And it's not an attack on you butch, I find you humor enjoyable.. Most of the time.. :p

butch4skin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am very open voiced as well, and usually joke about all kind of stuff with my close friends. (You wouldn't even want to hear us haha..) But on an open forum with different people with different beliefs, I think we should be a bit more conservative so we can all talk about what is important.. Arachnopets!

And it's not an attack on you butch, I find you humor enjoyable.. Most of the time.. :p
Hey, believe me, nobody finds my humor enjoyable all the time. It just gets too ridiculous. I mean, my own mother is native american and I'll make the most obscene cracks on native americans, I don't care. I just don't get offended. Like, if she gets on my nerves I'll tell her I'm going to throw a smallpox infested blanket on her, but that's just me. The only thing that does offend me is that, now, if somebody reads this, they'll probably take me for some kind of dumb hick republican, just because I believe in freedom of speech.

Last edited:

Fenrir

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
...they'll probably take me for some kind of dumb hick republican, just because I believe in freedom of speech.
When did republicans steal free speech? I know they stole the flag but free speech too? You gotta watch those crafty little buggers before you know it they will steal your privacy oh wait they already did :wall: .

On Topic: FF are the easiest hands down no contest. I culture hundreds per week for my frogs, 2-3 for a sling is mad easy. Joshfrogs.com or edsflymeat.com sells culture kits w/ media that allow for maybe a million flies over the lifetime of the kit. I have had to buy one culture to mix in some new blood since august when i bought the kit. These little guys eat 25 a day and i have 5 of em. 125 flies a day since august 20th and i still have tons.

butch4skin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When did republicans steal free speech? I know they stole the flag but free speech too? You gotta watch those crafty little buggers before you know it they will steal your privacy oh wait they already did :wall: .
Republicans stole America in general. I don't even recognize this country I'm in.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've no idea if ryan is jewish or not either, but if he is, he should learn to take a joke.
Dude, I'll say this simply so I don't lose you over such a basic concept.

Anyone civil that thinks it's ok to joke about the ideology that was represented by the Germans in that era is a horse’s ass.
Jewish, Mormon, Catholic, French, American none of that really makes any difference. You don't have to be Jewish to be offended by the subject matter that you were trying to joke about.

And your saying that I am just uptight? Lol that might be the stupidest argument for something like this I have ever heard.
How are you going to say I am uptight and can’t take a joke when your “joke” was regarding such tasteless subject matter?
Right, sure man if you honestly think that way you have bigger problems then I thought.

butch4skin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Your right, Ryan. I'm a sick person and I have problems. I can only hope that you'll be gracious enough to keep me in your prayers. For what it's worth, I'm sorry for the pain I've caused you and everyone else on this board. Even the Canadians. I'm sorry.

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Kind of inappropriate, IMO
I don't as I took it as a 'Joke'. I mean Butch just had a toss up with Ryan over the whole 'Are you German', then he comes with 'Are you Jewish'. It's like he is trying to push all Ryan's buttons to see what reaction he gets. Either way you gotta admit, It spices up the board from the some of the same ol same ol being posted.

Maybe I'm also twisted and get Butch's humor. :?

I disagree about Ryan being uptight, but don't want to make this a whole long personal thing. I think that the two of you are gonna give us plenty more laughs.
{D