Genus Selenocosmia

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi Gavin

We need to see a picture with the entire spider in focus. But if it is a small species from Singapore the likelyhood of it being Phlogiellus inermis is far greater than it being Coremiocnemis.

Regards
Søren

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place, but I couldn't find a Selenocosminae thread, so I thought this was the most appropriate thread to get a definite ID for my spider. Wild-caught from Singapore, if that helps. Personally I think it's either Coremiocnemis valida or Phlogiellus inermis. Please tell me what you think.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi Gavin

We need to see a picture with the entire spider in focus. But if it is a small species from Singapore the likelyhood of it being Phlogiellus inermis is far greater than it being Coremiocnemis.

Regards
Søren
Thanks for the info. The spider is at least 2" in legspan. Is this pic good enough:

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
We need to see the legs. In particular the rear legs compared to the front legs. Your picture is too cropped and has too narrow a focus field. So a picture with the entire spider in focus from front toe-tip to back toe-tip will help a lot.

Regards
Søren

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I was browsing through this thread and found this pic in one of the earlier pages:

The spider in this pic above looks identical to some spiders I have found here in Singapore, which seemed to be P. inermis.

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well - that picture you link to is my picture of a dwarf Selenocosmia I have collected near Genting in Malaysia ;-)

In my opinion Phlogiellus is nearer related to Coremiocnemis than to Selenocosmia.

BUT - if this spider of yours resemble the spider in my picture, then you most likely have Phlogiellus. But to be certain and not guessing we need to see YOUR spider ;-)

Regards
Søren

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well - that picture you link to is my picture of a dwarf Selenocosmia I have collected near Genting in Malaysia ;-)

In my opinion Phlogiellus is nearer related to Coremiocnemis than to Selenocosmia.

BUT - if this spider of yours resemble the spider in my picture, then you most likely have Phlogiellus. But to be certain and not guessing we need to see YOUR spider ;-)

Regards
Søren
Is this pic good enough? And by the way did you receive my PM?

Similar?? - http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=145094

Last edited:

phormingochilus

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Looks to me like Phlogiellus rather than Coremiocnemis. But a definite ID is impossible for this subfamily just by looking at a picture.

Regards
Søren

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ohh awesome male!Lets hope we can see some more CB arndsti in the US soon!!:D

rd_07

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie here, but not in the hobby ;)
I have 2 slings of Orphnaceus sp., they will be similar to S. dichromata (I have seen a photo from their mom). I bought them as a Chilobrachys sp. (Cebu), but I think they are Orphnaceus sp.
Anyone has a pic for an adult female?

Sincerely
Imre

these specimen are from the brood of Orphnaceus sp. cebu
they love to eat but doesnt get agitated when handled
lucky i am having good girls {D

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What a vicious, vicious girl she is.

Venom dripping:

Selenocosmia javanensis.