GQ's Photo Thread

pinkzebra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks Natemass and Jen.

Jen,

That is the first time she has ever made a defensive display. I put her enclosure lid in front of her so I could transfer her from the lid and into her enclosure. She quickly reared back with fangs out. I tried to coax her onto the lid and she bit the lid. I took a few photos of her in that position as it was unusual. I put my hand and also a stick in front of her and she didn't react. Maybe she just didn't want to go back into her cage. :)

Guess she was just really enjoying her romp and did not want to go back home yet. :D

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Here are a few more photos to break my long stretch of lurking.

Avicularia metallica - female

Avicularia versicolor - female with flash

Avicularia versicolor - female in natural light

Avicularia versicolor - female - yellow speckled color form.

Heheh. I'm just kidding about the yellow speckled color form. I was trying to take photos of her next to a couple of red hibiscus. She bolted through the flowers and here legs were quickly covered with pollen.

Last edited:

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Aphonopelma moderatum - juvenile male

Cyclosternum fasciatum - female

Cyriocosmus elegans - mature male

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Psalmopoeus cambridgei

Poecilotheria subfusca - Freshly molted

Tegenaria

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Some great looking spiders dude,nicely photographed too. I especially like the YCF versicolor ;)

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks Tegeneria and Talkenlate.

talkenlate,

I put the P. subfusca together for that photograph. They have been housed individually. I had not caught sight of them for awhile so I coaxed them from their retreats. They looked so stunning I had to take a few photos.

I ended up pairing them the weekend after that photograph. A lot of loud tapping and a few paradiddles ensued. The male achieved insertion within five to ten minutes of this introduction. I tried pairing them several more times and they didn't show any further interest. I then let them cohabitate for two weeks. I removed the male to his enclosure. The female is now fattening up in her lair. I'm hoping she is fattening up with eggs. :)