User Hobo's photos

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Purdy pics.
the purdiest!

Amazing Hobo! Never saw mine B. smithi to flip on her back, now I see how its done. And isn't she a beauty? :clap:
Yeah, it's my second time seeing the flip. My N. chromatus did it a bit differently - she just kind of flopped back. But this here girl grabbed the mat and pulled herself upside down... Pretty neat!

grats on your new editions hobo!! and ohh you got a X... ! :( jealousy! love their colors!
awesome on the video of the smithi as well, made me chuckle.

Crysta
Thanks! Yeah she's neat. She molted shortly before I got her, and she already looked ragged ans unkempt! She's also missing a whole spinneret, so hopefully her next molt Briggs at least some of it back.

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sweet! I hope I will se mine molt, I always saw her always on her back when I looked at her....Well we will see next week, she is going to molt I think, her abdomen is getting darker as we speak. :)

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
First sac!

This one doesn't waste any time.

She dug a hole to the bottom of the enclosure four days after mating, and sealed it off.
Now, a little bit less than two weeks since the mating, and she has a sac!
This was the only pic I dared to take. Looks pretty big to me!

So far, so good. Now the hard part...
I just hope that
  • she doesn't eat the sac
  • the eggs don't dry out
  • the eggs don't rot and die
  • the eggs are even fertile
  • I don't mess things up at the last minute as I'm prone to do with these kinds of things
{D

Also debathing whether to pull the sac when the time comes or just let her do all the work.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Congrats!! I guess I could do a search for your breeding report to see what species that is.. but that takes effort. So.. what species? lol

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
do I get a welcome to vancouver sling if it works out? eheheh
many congrats
:)

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey now.... crossing my fingers.... hopefully some one ships me a nice C. perezmilesi sling in like a month or so....;) Congrats...!!!! Good luck i hope all goes well!!! i wouldnt mind grabbing a few from yah!!!!

Peace!!!

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Congrats!! I guess I could do a search for your breeding report to see what species that is.. but that takes effort. So.. what species? lol
Hey Teal, where have you been?!
Well you won't find a report cause I haven't compiled it yet! It'll be finished and up when I get some 2nd instars, or I fail (hopefully the former!).
It's C. perezmilesi.
I've found no breeding reports on 'em here, so I'm sorta half winging it. So far, it seems to be a lot like C. elegans from what I've read.

do I get a welcome to vancouver sling if it works out? eheheh
many congrats
:)
Thanks, and sure, you can has one assuming I get that far! I'll even throw in a LAG. LOL

Hey now.... crossing my fingers.... hopefully some one ships me a nice C. perezmilesi sling in like a month or so....;) Congrats...!!!! Good luck i hope all goes well!!! i wouldnt mind grabbing a few from yah!!!!

Peace!!!
Thanks, I hope so too! It's gonna be "fun" seperating the little specks if it comes to that, that's for sure...:eek:

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hey Teal, where have you been?!
Well you won't find a report cause I haven't compiled it yet! It'll be finished and up when I get some 2nd instars, or I fail (hopefully the former!).
It's C. perezmilesi.
I've found no breeding reports on 'em here, so I'm sorta half winging it. So far, it seems to be a lot like C. elegans from what I've read.

Oh, ya know... went on vacation, was locked up abroad for several weeks.. the usual ;)

Never heard of that species! But I LOVE C. elegans, so I'm jealous hehe

I really hope the sac works out for you!!

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Never witnessed a real flip . I hope I catch my albopilosum girl flipping :razz: Shes in premolt :)

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Ooh yeah, my photo page...

Oh, ya know... went on vacation, was locked up abroad for several weeks.. the usual ;)

Never heard of that species! But I LOVE C. elegans, so I'm jealous hehe

I really hope the sac works out for you!!
I hope so too! They're similar to C. elegans, though I personally find C. elegans to be more of a looker. Don't tell her I said that, it might make her eat the sac!

Never witnessed a real flip . I hope I catch my albopilosum girl flipping :razz: Shes in premolt :)
When it starts to move around a bit and web after a few weeks of nothing, and especially if it starts kicking hairs, then get your camera ready!

Hobo, As always............Awesome thread! :clap:

Terry
Thanks! I try...:eek:

Anyway, the sac is still with her, so hopefully everythings still a go. Can't really get any good pics since she's underground, so here's some of my L. violaceopes, who'se finally decided to start eating again since I recieved her! Guess it wasn't premolt after all, just a full stomach.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
So it was feeding time tonight, and I realized why the P. lugardi hadn't come up for the past few weeks. She molted! And she was hungry enough to bust out on her tiny looking burrow hole.

She's looking a lot bigger!

aww, back into your hole then I guess...

...maybe it needs a little widening.{D

oh, and...
UPDATE ON MY PEREZMILESI SAC
Well, also decided to pull my C. perezmilesi's sack tonight!
She was MAD. Like threat pose, slapping, bared fangs, the works. It's like she thought she was 12"!

That's all the pics I could take, after seeing how mean she was; I needed both hands for this one. Needless to say it was a cinch, with her fangs bared. I let 'em sink into some cricket instead.:clap:

So, I successfully stole her babies!

They're good! More than half of them are EWLs (and a LOT of 'em were eating the eggs and each other...) for a total of approximately 163 (not counting the ones being eaten). They're also not as small as I thought they would be. From descriptions, I was expecting teeny sand grain size.

Here's a closeup... d'aww.....:eek:

Now, the last stretch... can I keep myself from killing them unintentionally with my incompetence? Only time will tell. /selfdefeatingattitude

I'm sure they'll be fine. They'll have to be, or I'm sure that little perezmilesi will kill me in my sleep!

BCscorp

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Super cool Hobo!
the P. lugardi is looking good!
Way to go on the egg sac!

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Super cool Hobo!
the P. lugardi is looking good!
Way to go on the egg sac!
Thanks man!

I forgot to post these yesterday.

C. fimbriatus molted last week, and is slightly larger.

And after much wandering, I decided to give the silken sac back to mama.

My hungry, hungry irminia:
♪ I want crickets, I want mealworms,
T-mix, T-mix please deliver! ♫

[YOUTUBE]IDTpXm2ygQo[/YOUTUBE]

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
So new spider (and probably the last addition for a while!)
a female (for sure this time) P. metallica!

Expert packing job by your very own Koh!

beautiful

Her enclosure is kinda big, but I'm hoping she'll grow into it!

Close up

Close up without the flash. She does tend to "blend in" rather well, despite the blue markings.

....and a shot of my B. smithi, just for fun.:)

Last edited:

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You lucky son of - Shes so pretty , I will leave it at that :) And I loved your tarantula feeding music {D Can we see some pics of your irminia lady ? Haven't seen her in a while :) I remember only yesterday , she was so small *sniff* :p

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
P. cancerides decided to molt on me this weekend. She ate 5 days ago, so it took me by suprise.
Of course, as with all my spiders, she did it while I slept during the daytime, so I just have before and after shots.

It looks like after she molted, she carefully placed it exactly in the same position as she was laying, to fool me. It did, for a bit:eek:

She promply chewed it up and stuck it in the water dish though. Shoulda pulled it, but oh well.

The 60-70 or so post embryo C. perezmilesi also decided to molt this weekend too. 1st instar! It's hard to get a decent shot of these guys; they're pretty small.

You lucky son of - Shes so pretty , I will leave it at that :) And I loved your tarantula feeding music {D Can we see some pics of your irminia lady ? Haven't seen her in a while :) I remember only yesterday , she was so small *sniff* :p
Thanks! Hopefully down the road I'll get to breed her with my male, and by some micacle, end up with a viable sac.

The irminia's doing well. She is out most often, waiting for food. She is my most food agressive spider by far, as you can see from my vid posted earlier.

Thanks for looking!

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congrat's.... glad to see your breeding was a success! and they have molted.... Simply amazing!!! good luck and have fun raising them....
Now i know who i can grab some c perezmiles slings from...

Peace!!!