User Hobo's photos

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Thanks guys. Yeah, the bag trick is great, but...
I almost miss chasing errant spiders during transfers.... almost.{D

So anyway, finally got around to slapping together the feeding vids I took last weekend... I'm sure my fellow nerds will appreciate the musical score.
[YOUTUBE]W8eOpD723g4[/YOUTUBE]

Oh, and also, my irminia female (whom I've been preferentially feeding over her brothers), molted about 2 weeks ago, and has finally started comming out of her hollow and showing herself off! I'd say she's about 3.5" now, as her brothers are all 3". She might be less, I dunno, I keep overestimating these guys. It's their legs... they're just too long damnit! She looks bigger than my avic now, at the very least!
These are all through plastic so there's a bit of glare.

She started out jsut cleaning her legs.

Then went up and down her hollow...

and then..... SUPERMAN POSE!!

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What diverse collect you got... Cool!!!
Oh BTW that soundtrack rules... lol
Reminded me of cartoons, from the 70's-80's.... when ever ther's a villain arround...
Also I saw my male's, gurl... What a looker and she seem to be a heavy webber... I love it when they make their webb hammocks...
Always a neat sight. Hopefully she doesnt make a meal out of him...
I've seen you have added a few more... How many T's you got it total now?...

Peace,
Armando

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice pics, going to have to use that bag transfer idea next time! lol

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:eek:Dude!!!!....killer vid!...and you dont have to be nerdy to appreciate that masterpiece....lol.....very:cool:!

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow hobo some great pictures you got!!! Im so jealous xD
You've added my second spider that I want to my list...

Pamphobeteus species "Antinous"...

yours is just beautiful and so velvety! amazing size too...my rosea looks like that on my hand and she is 5.5"......my hand is small. I can only imagine the size of that girl!

Ill be moving to vancouver in the second week of august, maybe we can split gas to that show in october?

BCscorp

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yo Hobo, sweet pics n vid.
For those not nerdy enough, its from Star Trek when Kirk does some pit fighting.
Jim Carey uses it in Cable Guy too ....lol
Awesome music for the feeding compilation.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
For those not nerdy enough, its from Star Trek when Kirk does some pit fighting.
Thank you for clarifying that, my geekiness doesn't include Star Trek. Nice vid and pics as always

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
What diverse collect you got... Cool!!!
Oh BTW that soundtrack rules... lol
Reminded me of cartoons, from the 70's-80's.... when ever ther's a villain arround...
Also I saw my male's, gurl... What a looker and she seem to be a heavy webber... I love it when they make their webb hammocks...
Always a neat sight. Hopefully she doesnt make a meal out of him...
I've seen you have added a few more... How many T's you got it total now?...

Peace,
Armando
Yup, she's a credit to her species, with webbing everywhere! Hopfully a mother too. Before I got her she was cohabitating with a male for about 2 weeks... so I'm hoping she's still nice to the boys!
Here's her nice web hammock

I've only got 18 right now. Latest additions were the violaceopes, pissi (pissii?), "antinous" and perezmilesi.
This is how things are looking now in the spider corner:

Going to need a full wall pretty soon!

Omg your such a dork lol . Love the music :p
Thanks!
I'm not a dork! I'm a nerd, thanks.:eek:

Beautiful collection, for some have never heard ... very nice
Thanks toncek12.... which ones?

Nice pics, going to have to use that bag transfer idea next time! lol
Give it a shot. Works with slow terrestrial spiders too :)

:eek:Dude!!!!....killer vid!...and you dont have to be nerdy to appreciate that masterpiece....lol.....very:cool:!
Thanks! you don't have to be, but it helps;)

Wow hobo some great pictures you got!!! Im so jealous xD
You've added my second spider that I want to my list...

Pamphobeteus species "Antinous"...

yours is just beautiful and so velvety! amazing size too...my rosea looks like that on my hand and she is 5.5"......my hand is small. I can only imagine the size of that girl!

Ill be moving to vancouver in the second week of august, maybe we can split gas to that show in october?
Thank you! Yeah, she (at least I'm hoping it's a she, she looks kinda male down there) is great. Her enclosure is on the low side so whenever I open it, her butt's already in the air!

Also woo hoo! I'm assuming you found a place then? Dave still had a lot of these guys at the table when I went, both unsexed and females, so you woudl definitely be able to get one... if he is going. He was unsure of whether or not he'd be able to make the October show.
If he is, hell yeah we can split gas money. I can't drive though. Maybe we can split sling money instead? LOL;P

Haha! I was hoping someone would recognize it. You've just won some nerd respect from me!
They seem to use this theme in a lot of shows in homage to that episode.

Thank you for clarifying that, my geekiness doesn't include Star Trek. Nice vid and pics as always
Thanks mang, but star trek is almost the very definition of "geek" :embarrassed: {D

Last edited by a moderator:

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ha , whenever I tell my friends I play Super Mario Bros on the original Nintendo . You should really play some Super Mario and put the music in one of your feeding videos .

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thank you! Yeah, she (at least I'm hoping it's a she, she looks kinda male down there) is great. Her enclosure is on the low side so whenever I open it, her butt's already in the air!
Haha awesome! I soo wouldn't mind one of those and a RCF versicolor :( I am so jealous of all your guys spider collection, i've been reading up on the for yeeears. I've been an avid reptile keeper, but since graduating I want to wait till I settle down in Vancouver before I get into it.

Also woo hoo! I'm assuming you found a place then? Dave still had a lot of these guys at the table when I went, both unsexed and females, so you woudl definitely be able to get one... if he is going. He was unsure of whether or not he'd be able to make the October show.
I have my dads good friend looking for me, he said theres alot of cheap places near surrey which are 350$ but I heard it's kinda dangerous there, especially with the ground level apartments. I am aiming for Burnaby. ahha!

He better be ! Ill totally be up for a quick trip to get some spider love. lol I am getting my beginners liscence july 19th.....but i won't have a car.. :( sad times.

If he is, hell yeah we can split gas money. I can't drive though. Maybe we can split sling money instead? LOL
Sling money it is hahah! or we could either buy a sexed male, and a female and divide the babies. <3 lol

Oh yeah, somethign you might appreciate:

I found a stone centipede of some kind while cleaning in the yard! He's fun, but I can never see him. He darts for cover at the faintest hint of light.
Oh awesome :) yeah that was also my first centipede hehehe. Although mine was less shy. Great eaters too. Do they ever sell centipedes at the shows? i might just end up getting one of those too.. yum.

I bet you can tell i've never been to a show... haha
I need money... to complete my rainbow of wanted inverts.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Do they ever sell centipedes at the shows? i might just end up getting one of those too.. yum.
Dave had a few, though I couldn't tell you what kinds or how many he had, I didn't really look closely. You go there though, and I've no doubt you'd end up with one!

Just a couple of pics this time... A cool "cricket view" shot of my H. lividum, which has finally started coming "out" after her molt.

And my GBB, drinkin' in the hot weather right after a meal. Thankfully, she dropped the bolus eslewhere!

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Gorgeous antinous. We've got a MF over here if yours is indeed a male ;)

Great pics. We have an Acanthogonatus francki, they're very cool.

Cass

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Gorgeous antinous. We've got a MF over here if yours is indeed a male ;)

Great pics. We have an Acanthogonatus francki, they're very cool.

Cass
Well, I'll keep that in mind, though I'm unsure if it's really antinous, so I wouldn't want to breed him if I don't know what he is. And he's a she!! *crosses fingers*:eek:.
According to Dave, They came in with a shipment of supposed "Chicken spiders" (Apparently the same one that Mack got his current ones from, but weren't communal like the others were, had slight differences in leg thickness, and different behavior in general). So, unofficially, they've been ID'd as Pamphobeteus sp. "antinous" until they can get a MM for taxonomic identification. So assuming it ends up being antinous and male, I can let Dave know you need him, as I bought this as female, and I'd be sending it back to him for a replacement/trade/refund if it's male!;)

Thanks for the compliments.
A. francki are beautiful too. I think it'd be hard to find a male for these guys; I've never even heard about them before I saw 'em at the show.

I cant get over how beautiful the pissi is!
Me neither, and I see her every day! I wonder why they aren't more available, at least here in Canada, as they are a beautiful species. Hopefully I can find a male for her when the time comes. Apparently they only reach 3" - 4"... so I may not have to wait long!

And just so there's at least one picture.... here's my N. chromatus... who I should really move to peat on of these days, so her colors show more vividly in photos...:)

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, I'll keep that in mind, though I'm unsure if it's really antinous, so I wouldn't want to breed him if I don't know what he is. And he's a she!! *crosses fingers*:eek:.
According to Dave, They came in with a shipment of supposed "Chicken spiders" (Apparently the same one that Mack got his current ones from, but weren't communal like the others were, had slight differences in leg thickness, and different behavior in general). So, unofficially, they've been ID'd as Pamphobeteus sp. "antinous" until they can get a MM for taxonomic identification. So assuming it ends up being antinous and male, I can let Dave know you need him, as I bought this as female, and I'd be sending it back to him for a replacement/trade/refund if it's male!;)

Thanks for the compliments.
A. francki are beautiful too. I think it'd be hard to find a male for these guys; I've never even heard about them before I saw 'em at the show.

Me neither, and I see her every day! I wonder why they aren't more available, at least here in Canada, as they are a beautiful species. Hopefully I can find a male for her when the time comes. Apparently they only reach 3" - 4"... so I may not have to wait long!

And just so there's at least one picture.... here's my N. chromatus... who I should really move to peat on of these days, so her colors show more vividly in photos...:)
I cant wait till my girl/s (I have 5 slings :p) grow that big ! One of them is largest of them all and next molt should indeed start getting color :^)

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
BOOYA.
Finally some shots of my H. lividum.
These are through screen and glass, so it's not the best quality.

And a couple from my boehmei...

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very nice, dude!.....i miss my H. livi's....they are such good lookers!.....glad shes showin herself of to ya!