How long have you been keeping T's?

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had 3 B. smithi when I was in high school about 20 years ago. I took about several years off and got back into the hobby a couple of years ago with some T. blondi. Now I'm breeding and keeping about 250. I sell some at shows and on-line, but I'm not looking for a second full-time job.

Botar

8leggedfreak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
:) I got my first 2 t's when I was about 15, from an aunt that caught them in texas. I had them both for about 2 years when the both died about 6 months apart. I'm guessing they were both males looking back on it now. Now 20 years later I was given a g. rosea and I've since added an emp. scorpion, african red trapdoor, and a 10 " millipede. And I can't wait to get my next T. just waiting for money I can spend on something besides bills!;)

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
I got my first T, a G. rosea in November of 2002. You've all heard the story before....drunk brother is given a T.....he sobers up and gives it to me.
Now I have 23, and am planning on ordering 2, possibly 3 more in 2 weeks.

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Got my first tarantula 1984, a B. smithi offcourse. Payed 30 bucks for her.

/Lelle

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
March 2003... have 9 now... mostly slings

been far too interesting

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i've been keeping Ts since May 2003. :)

my first was a G. rosea, after that were the following, in order:

A. avic
B. smithi
E. campestratus
G. aureostriata
B. albopilosum
Aphonopelma sp.
A. versicolor
G. pulchra

pronty

Haunting Spider
Old Timer
I bought my first T in December 1992.

Until 2001 I had only 3 pet shop bought T's at a time.
..but then I learned to use the Internet... :D :D :D :D

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I got my first T in April 1992. My collection quickly grew to over 100 within the first 2 years.

atmosphere

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I got my first T a G. rosea late april 03' now I have added 3 slings.

bluerich74

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had a few back in the 70's not sure exactly when tho.You know if you were around back then:D Anyway they were mostly smithis.I had one tho that was all black and I remember it molting and it was the most awesome jet black.I wish I knew what kind it was.So now Ive been keeping them more seriuously for about 3 years.I have 23 at the present time and am ordering a p.regalis sometime this week...Rich

Joanie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I got my first rosehair in '95, when I was a junior in college. Between '95 and '01 I was only slightly involved in the hobby....kept a couple t's, read a couple books. Then in '01 I discovered the whole online aspect of the hobby and 3 t's turned into 13. I would have more, but I had to put a limit on acquiring t's until I move into a bigger place...

Joanie

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I got my first in Jan, '03, a rosie. She was my sole pet until about march, when I started collecting the others (in order)....

A. Versicolor (killed it - kept too hot :( )
B. Albopsilum (misspelled)
P. Irminia
L. Difficilis
A. Seemani
A. Avicularia
Usambara (just this weekend)

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have 27 going on 28. I put money down for the Mystery Spider at the petshop so that it won't get sold on me.

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
When i was 12(now 13) in august 2002 my first t was a pinktoe from Mark (mebebraz) Thanks!

James

Dafne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I got my first T on 14th of February 2003. It was sold to me as B. smithi but after the next molt I found out it was B. emilia :) It will always be my favourite T as it was the first one...

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
Just started this obsession in December '02 (only 7 months) and we are up to 35 Ts (mostly slings).

Jeff

Robotponys

Arachnoknight
Since 11.28.11 (the white plains expo) approximately at 2 p.m. I got a G. rosea instead of the A. versicolor I wanted :'(, but soon I will have more! :D (the Long Island Expo will hopefully get me a couple cute slings and C. elegans-or 3-slings off here hopefully). It's $55 with express shipping, ugh. What do you guys think about priority shipping in cold weather (should snow 3 or 4 inches tomorrow). :/ Its $34 instead.