Hurricane Fay and my tarantulas

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm not worried as far inland as I am. I haven't done a thing. I just put my horse in her orange breakaway "hurricane halter" that has my name and phone # on it.

I don't worry about the Ts much here.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I still have plywood up on a few of my florida room windows from Ivan lol. talk about lazy, that was like 4 years ago. {D

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I still have plywood up on a few of my florida room windows from Ivan lol. talk about lazy, that was like 4 years ago. {D
not lazy, just hyper prepared for the next event{D

Diggy415

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i hear ya about the trees i have three 90 yr old cottonwood trees we had a gust of wind out of nowhere and one large limb came down and now i called out county and they will come look at it today. If i had a storm coming my way i would call family and friends, see if anyone has a bunker/cellar under their place, or place all my belongings in the car you have anyone out of that area to go to and bring your critters? feed T's real good and pack and drive away.

Arachnosold1er

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you think its gonna be a really bad storm, then pack up your Ts and go inland. I have stayed through a hurricane and several tropical storms. I have lost power and water for quite a while from just a T.S. Just play it safe and be prepared! As for the branches, get them trimmed/removed ASAP so that in the future you wont suffer damage to your house or your Ts.

Note: BTW, I am from S. Carolina, only in Georgia for the Army! And my family lives on an island.

Tarantula_man94

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
im in the middle of fay as i am typing this. keep your Ts. away from windows. its really not as powerful as you think. it couldnt even knock over my patio chairs.

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah you never know until your in it. I just love the news idiots that are out in it acting like fools and thinking we buy into their crap. During one hurricane that turned out to be nothing, i saw a reporter yelling that he could hardly stand up and that it was getting really bad. As he spoke unbeknownst to him there was a little girl riding her bike behind him, waving, It was the funniest thing ever.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm surprised how many of us there are in Florida. We should plan a party or something. Haha.

Fay will not be an issue for me. I'm on the west coast so we're just getting a little rain.

Be safe everyone.

sylverbullit

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm always hearing on the news about tropical storms and hurricanes. I've never actually been in one or plan on being in one. It sounds really scary.
The only thing we have to worry about here are blizzards and severe thunderstorms. Which seem alot less scary. The worst we've had it this year was a thunderstorm that cause a black out over my whole town for a bout 45 minutes. The blizzards are fine as long as you don't travel on the roads, and if you have 4x4 you're pretty safe to drive the next day.
I couldn't imagine having to worry about relocating during a storm

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hurricane Andrew was the worst storm I've ever been through, it blew me clear up to central Fla. lol. Catagory three and above im gone, evac time.

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Its actually fairly smooth here. Just a bit of rain and wind. its supposed to be fairly close to us but nothings happened yet. We'll see how it goes the further the night progresses.

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well, if you're going to stick it out put them under a table or something and put that under a door frame. Personally, I'd load up and go on vacation. Your Ts have probably always wanted to see the country.

--the nature boy

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm surprised how many of us there are in Florida. We should plan a party or something. Haha.

Fay will not be an issue for me. I'm on the west coast so we're just getting a little rain.

Be safe everyone.
I make the best kamikazes count me in:D

gecko_keeper/KBfauna

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Party? Did I hear party? I'm there.
But as far as Fay goes, I'm working in Lakeland today, and really nothing to report. Some rain and wind. No big deal.............
Still going to Daytona this weekend though!!!

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've been in Florida the past...12 years. Never had anything that forced me to evacuate. The main problems around here are the mobile homes, and I live in a brick/mortar home so I'm not worried.

I'm definitely up for a get-together of some sort. We should definitely work on putting one together.

And the worst hurricane I've been in was in Hawaii back in the 90's. Hurricane Iniki was a Cat 5 and the eye passed over one of the most western of the main island group, Kauai. I was on the Big Island but we still got the full force of that storm. Again, didn't evacuate. Not really anywhere to go!

Now that I think of it, my avatar was taken in Hawaii 2 years ago in Waimea. :)

gecko_keeper/KBfauna

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'll volunteer my house. I'm not sure where everyone is located, but between Lakeland, Orlando, Valrico, Port Richey, Zephyrhills seems to be fairly central for everyone.

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Party Time

Count me in if its on a weekend there's no home Gator Football. :D kd

I live in Sarasota County, it was cloudy today with some light rain and light wind...Fay was a non-issue in SW Florida. I hope it stays that way for the rest of Florida.

Veneficus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How is everyone doing down there? I've been reading about all of the rain and flooding. I didn't know if anyone was affected by all of the problems with the flooding or not?

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
How are you doing down there? I've been reading about all of the rain and flooding. I didn't know if you were having problems with the flooding or not?
its been non-stop rain and gusty from time to time. right now I have 35 mile gusts and some stronger. Just as long as a branch doesn't come crashing down I'm good. Needed the rain so Im happy, I have a jeep so no worries:D

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Out on the west coast we aren't having any issues other than dark skies and the occasional gust of wind. I mean, we get rain almost every day, but that's normal for this time of year anyway.