Genus Lampropelma

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mike,

I'm not sure what I was thinking... but that file is too large to email.

But, it can be downloaded... CLICK HERE.

Eric

Bearo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A young female (aprox 8cm LS) of the so called "Lampropelma violaceopes"

Michael Jacobi

ARACHNOCULTURE MAGAZINE
Old Timer
"Lampropelma nigerrimum" - I wish I had never sold this spider as it is the only one I have ever owned.

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Here is my little "Lampropelma violaceopes", still unsexed but coming up on a molt. Hopefully can tell from this next molt.
Mike

Attachments

Bearo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here is my other two.. ("Lampropelma violaceopes")
1st Juvenile, hopefully male
2nd Adult female, the only one in Sweden ;P

Steffen

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
"Lampropelma violaceopes" is most likely not a Lampropelma, as far as I have heard. It has some characteristics similar to some other genuses like Cyriopagopus and such. Perhaps an entire new genus? :p But it is a cool spider for sure. :)

2nd Adult female, the only one in Sweden
Hmm how do you know that for sure? :rolleyes:

BEN-V

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Steffen said:
"Lampropelma violaceopes" is most likely not a Lampropelma, as far as I have heard. It has some characteristics similar to some other genuses like Cyriopagopus and such.
Doesn' t look like Cyriopagopus. It looks more like an Haplopelma to me.

BEN

drunkinmaster

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I wish I could get my hands on L.nigerrimum,
Bearo, how about you send that female on over to me ;)

Bearo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Steffen>> I dont know for sure, but Sweden is a small country.. can you prove otherwise? ;)

drunkinmaster>> Dude, I live in Sweden ;) and btw, NO way ;P

Do we have L. nigerrimum in Europe? (more then some odd spececimes)

Steffen

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Steffen>> I dont know for sure, but Sweden is a small country.. can you prove otherwise?
Nope.

Hey btw, I have the largest penis in Scandinavia! If you dont believe me -> Can you prove otherwise? ;)

:D {D :D {D :D {D :D

Bearo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
haha :liar: , I see your point..
Ok lets say, I have the only adult female in Sweden that I know of, and I know most of the spider people..

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmmm, has anyone actually seen Simon's holotype specimen nigerrimum ?? It's not that I doubt the validity of the spiders in these threads, but I don't know, nothing we have in the hobby seems to me to even remotely sound like Simon's original Lampropelma?????

Maybe I'm wrong, I'm not very good with these guys (seriously).....:confused:

Cheers,
Steve

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hey Steve,

How is everything going? I can honestly say that I have not seen Simon's holotype specimen nigerrimum. The more information we can get on these T's the better. Anyone that can use a molt from a female to help with classification let me know I have one at home. It would be nice to someday have an answer to the true genus for these guys. None the less they are still cool looking and nasty, gotta love them for that.

Thanks,
Mike

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Mike,
Yeah, I'm not sure if anyone has seen the type specimen. I don't know if the other member, Abraham's violaceopes was correctly placed in the first instance either.....these are a bit like the equivalent of the selenocosmiine genus Lyrognathus in that nobody in the hobby has a real one ;)

Steve

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've labelled mine as "Haplopelma Lampropelma doriae nigerrimum Borneo black orange fringe" ;)

If I breed them I don't know how the hell I'll fit that label on a film canister. {D

Steve you had the right idea with names like "pq118" :D