New enclosures FTW

TLSizzle

Arachnoknight
I'm a huge stickler for uniformity. Been searching high and low for affordable, safe and good looking enclosures.

Well, I found someone local who makes some with glass and 3D printed components! Can pick a range of colors, and I love purple. I have 2 so far. Moved my A chalcodes in the 10 cube this evening (she's still not on speaking terms with me). And got my T albo in the rectangle one. Can't wait to have all my Ts as adults in these 💜

20230913_194221.jpg

She loves to stand on cork bark. So she got the big peice. And I kept her "favorite" grass decor from her old enclosure.

20230913_194919.jpg
20230913_200820.jpg
The albo turned into a miner searching for coal.
20230913_175335.jpg

I'm so thrilled!!

Last edited:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I'm a huge stickler for uniformity. Been searching high and low for affordable, safe and good looking enclosures.

Well, I found someone local who makes some with glass and 3D printed components! Can pick a range of colors, and I love purple. I have 2 so far. Moved my A chalcodes in the 10 cube this evening (she's still not on speaking terms with me). And got my T albo in the rectangle one. Can't wait to have all my Ts as adults in these 💜

View attachment 455615

She loves to stand on cork bark. So she got the big peice. And I kept her "favorite" grass decor from her old enclosure.

View attachment 455616
View attachment 455618
View attachment 455617

I'm so thrilled!!
Very nice I can’t get either of my t albo to burrow and I’ve given them plenty of dirt.

TLSizzle

Arachnoknight
Aww man! I'm absolutely smitten with my albo. I think the burrowing is adorable.

There is a coconut hide in there somewhere... he just dug around it.
20230913_182306.jpg

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

View attachment 455615

View attachment 455616
View attachment 455618
View attachment 455617

I'm so thrilled!!
Nice but everyone knows purple setups only get purple Ts, like A purpurea.

Match setups with Ts. Get on it! 😉

TLSizzle

Arachnoknight
I get a versicolor Friday. That counts! Though it'll be blue for a while...

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
must have played minecraft in another life :rofl:

congrats on finding something you like, its not easy

i am always on the lookout for second hand terraria with a depth of 30cm and a length of 40cm or 80cm, but the standard size here in europe is 35cm, only the 30x30x30 cubes come in that size and they are already too small for some of my spiders. there are sometimes 90x30x40 but those don't fit into my ivar-shelves

ikea should really look into creating a line of terrariums or aquariums that fit into their popular shelves, they would probably sell like hotcakes

anyway, it can be a struggle...

TLSizzle

Arachnoknight
Thank you!

Yes this builder initially had a 12 inch cube but my shelves are only 11 deep. So I really wanted a 12 inch long by 10 inch deep. But he said he can do a 10 cube... while I do kinda wish it was 12" long, the 10 design will work for most of my species. The genic will definitely need something biger for it's adult enclosure. But I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Ikea really should! I bet they can come up with some pretty cool looking stuff too!

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
if you keep going like that you might become exoterras new competitor :lol:

Starblood

Arachnopeon
These are really nice - not just the aesthetic but they're well-designed, too. I've seen something similar on Etsy but it comes as a kit with the 3D parts, the glass panels and some silicone and I just don't trust myself to assemble it correctly/well.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
At this point you should probably look into a 3D printer and see if you can't just buy the .stl files somewhere. Scaling them in the slicer program and cutting your own glass would allow you to do 10"x12"x12" in whatever color(s) you desire.

cooking succs

Arachnopeon
At this point you should probably look into a 3D printer and see if you can't just buy the .stl files somewhere. Scaling them in the slicer program and cutting your own glass would allow you to do 10"x12"x12" in whatever color(s) you desire.
I was typing something along the lines of this in real time as I refreshed. My printer allowed a much better lid for my exo terra, but I've seen similar files to these posted around.

The neat part is, some are made for common glass sizes. The lid to my 8x8x12" glass features glass from a 5x7 picture frame.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
TL they are amazing and the purple is perfect 🥰 those tiny ones are so cute 😍 I wonder if they could do shiny ones 🤔 it's a girls dream black holo glitter infused vivs with beautiful t's in 🤷🏻‍♀️😆

cooking succs

Arachnopeon
TL they are amazing and the purple is perfect 🥰 those tiny ones are so cute 😍 I wonder if they could do shiny ones 🤔 it's a girls dream black holo glitter infused vivs with beautiful t's in 🤷🏻‍♀️😆
Silk PLA comes in plenty of cool holo colors. Very doable.

TLSizzle

Arachnoknight
I'd love nothing more than to make these myself. The person who makes them sells the file for 3D printers. But I have no idea where to start on what printer could do it, how much it'll cost, where to buy small sheets of glass etc.

For now it's easier to just get them from him. His prices are reasonable.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
I'd love nothing more than to make these myself. The person who makes them sells the file for 3D printers. But I have no idea where to start on what printer could do it, how much it'll cost, where to buy small sheets of glass etc.

Just need someone here in the uk selling them, would get them imported but probably cost more then the vivs lol.

cooking succs

Arachnopeon

An Ender3V3SE with a spool of filament will run you about $200.

Using the machine is about as easy as dragging and dropping into an SD card and hitting "Start".

The panes of glass are likely standard sized ones from Home Depot/Lowe's or bought wholesale for something like picture frames.

TLSizzle

Arachnoknight
An Ender3V3SE with a spool of filament will run you about $200.

Using the machine is about as easy as dragging and dropping into an SD card and hitting "Start".

The panes of glass are likely standard sized ones from Home Depot/Lowe's or bought wholesale for something like picture frames.
I've read reviews about a decent ($200 range) printer and it sounds like there are some technical issues to solve such as balancing and leveling? But that's with 2 mins of research lol Probably not as hard as I think.