New enclosures FTW

cooking succs

Arachnopeon
I've read reviews about a decent ($200 range) printer and it sounds like there are some technical issues to solve such as balancing and leveling? But that's with 2 mins of research lol Probably not as hard as I think.
The model I specifically mentioned along with others along similar ranges have auto-leveling. It comes with an SD card with a preloaded file of a "lucky cat". I was from opening box to finished cat figure within 2 hours.

Attached image is a lid I printed for an Exo-Terra nano lid that featured a "Stop-print" so I could drop in a 5"x7" from a standard size picture frame to eliminate the metal mesh lid to be better for arthropod feet. It took about 2 hours to print, and cost all of about $5 in material, glass inclusive.

Im about 3 months in, haven't run out of things to print and projects to have, and on a train of thought that this type of thing is the future, so pardon the heavy advocacy.

Attachments

TLSizzle

Arachnoknight
Wow! I love that lid!

Ok, ok I think I'll start researching printers 🤣. I have 24 Ts that'll eventually need adult enclosures.
@cooking succs the printer you mentioned can make items that are larger? 13 inches by 9 inches for example or would a bigger machine be needed?

Last edited:

cooking succs

Arachnopeon
Wow! I love that lid!

Ok, ok I think I'll start researching printers 🤣. I have 24 Ts that'll eventually need adult enclosures.
@cooking succs the printer you mentioned can make items that are larger? 13 inches by 9 inches for example or would a bigger machine be needed?
8.6x8.6x9.8 inches is the 3d printing space mine can utilize. Things can be printed at angles with supports to get that 13" dimension, but my personal experiences have just been printing things in parts to easily assemble (most filament is held readily by super glue, which when cured is also non-toxic to arthropods!).

Ninja-edit: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6410824

That's what I downloaded for my lid. This link won't mention it because it's not directly relevant, but for the larger sizes, it's incredibly easy to split a project like this into 4 equal sections and either add in a joint, something you can screw, or some adhesive. Kinda makes you feel arts n craftsy about it.

Last edited:

TLSizzle

Arachnoknight
Thank you very much. You're right about to inspire me to give it a try. Maybe I'll finally get into a money making hobby instead of a costly one 😅