Rare T's

synyster

Arachnobaron
Pretty much all of the Ts I have left on my wish list are rare as can be :/

Cyriopagopus sp. Sumatran tiger
Idiothele mira
Ornithoctoninae sp. Borneo orange fringe
Selenocosmia dichromata
Not too long ago it seemed like there were a ton of these around in Canada. I have a friend that still has one she want's to sell. All this comes back to this post:

It also doesn't help that some of the species that drop in the US take a while to get to Canada, and I'm sure the opposite happens as well.
Damn borders...

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, damn borders indeed. Imagine if we could trade freely among Canada, the US, and Europe. Just wow!

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You have to be quick on the draw when they DO pop up ;)

synyster

Arachnobaron
Yeah it would be nice! Although between Canada and europe there aren't any restrictions ;)

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hehe... Nobody mentioned Aphonopelma bicoloratum? It took awhile to find my female, and has taken other people months to years to find theirs...

A Simple Thief

Arachnopeon
I would just like to take a second to thank everyone who posted on this thread and the one who posted. I now have a nice amount of rare and quite awesome T's to look at on Google. and from what I can tell, Aphonoplema behlei is kind of rare. But mostly from lack of interest as far as I know.

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
One that alot of.people seem to not reallt care about thats becoming available but still quite rare is poecilotheria hanumavilasumica. Very popular genus and they all have became quite available except this species in general.

cnapple

Arachnoknight
One that alot of.people seem to not reallt care about thats becoming available but still quite rare is poecilotheria hanumavilasumica. Very popular genus and they all have became quite available except this species in general.
I just don't get why someone would be willing to spend such a ridiculous amount of money on P. hanumavilasumica which, for all its rarity, is basically a $35 P. striata with a broken leg stripe. :sarcasm: But to each his own I guess. For me it's much less about rarity, and much more about finding a spider I find beautiful and behaviorally interesting.

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
I just don't get why someone would be willing to spend such a ridiculous amount of money on P. hanumavilasumica which, for all its rarity, is basically a $35 P. striata with a broken leg stripe. :sarcasm: But to each his own I guess. For me it's much less about rarity, and much more about finding a spider I find beautiful and behaviorally interesting.
Alot of the avics look the same. Why have soany different species of them? And honestly It looks nothing like the striata. In my opinion.

I guess its a preference from someone as to whether they find it interesting or not.

---------- Post added 10-14-2011 at 03:45 PM ----------

That is a 4" p.hanum

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I pretty much agree with this but your point is a bit confused. P. hanumavilasumica is a P. fasciata look a like ( and maybe the same sp.) and the difference is it has a unbroken ventral leg ban on leg IV. I cant see this spider holding that high price tag for long, but some name collectors will buy it now.

Alot of the avics look the same. Why have soany different species of them?
All the avic's are affordable. If one Avic has a little bit more red hair than another , its not 10 times the price.
And honestly It looks nothing like the striata. In my opinion.
Really :?

to stay on topic, there are tons of rare spiders in the hobby, Rare and expensive are two different things though. Demand drives up the price on pretty spiders like I. mira but I wouldn't consider them rare these days. A spider like Pseudhapalopus spinulopalpus would sell for around $35, and how many people can say they have those?

later, Tom

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
I pretty much agree with this but your point is a bit confused. P. hanumavilasumica is a P. fasciata look a like ( and maybe the same sp.) and the difference is it has a unbroken ventral leg ban on leg IV. I cant see this spider holding that high price tag for long, but some name collectors will buy it now.

All the avic's are affordable. If one Avic has a little bit more red hair than another , its not 10 times the price.

Really :?

to stay on topic, there are tons of rare spiders in the hobby, Rare and expensive are two different things though. Demand drives up the price on pretty spiders like I. mira but I wouldn't consider them rare these days. A spider like Pseudhapalopus spinulopalpus would sell for around $35, and how many people can say they have those?

later, Tom
The.only reasonable similarity I see is the patterns other than that look at that girl jow does she look.like any other pokoe.besides that? And yes avics are a more affordable spider. But if I or anyone.else has the money.to.spend.on the more "expensive" spider doesnt that make it affordable. We must remember we cannot speak for everyone in the hobby some "expensive" spiders are worth spending the money on to other people whether it be rare or not. Like her when I first saw her I had to have her no if ands or buts about it. I will soend in total $650 on.her and thats.fine because shes worth it to me. I love pokies ive barely seen any available let alone the size of her so to.me thats rare. How many people do you knkw that has one? I guess its all.chopped down to preferance.

---------- Post added 10-14-2011 at 07:34 PM ----------

Sorry for the typos and random periods damn swype text.

---------- Post added 10-14-2011 at 07:38 PM ----------

How does that spider above look anything like a fasviata exvept for the patterns. Yes the colors are maybe the only difference but regalis and striata hold qhite a bit of resembelance except colors.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
There new to the U.S. hobby, thats why I dont know anybody with them yet. You paid alot to be one of the first people to own one. In 2 years they will be 40 bucks and you wont be able to give them away. By all means congrats on your spider, it dosent matter to me if it was $60 or $6,000. For me, 6 bills is out of my range for one tiny leg marking, I'll just go drool over my fasciata's in the mean while.

Later, Tom

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's pretty neat to finally see the species, a new pokie and one so rare as hanumavilasumica. It's so rusty colored, I wonder what it'll look like post-molt!

VenomousFangs

Arachnopeon
Well I'd really like to have a Poecilotheria smithi and Aphonopelma moderatum but as I'm new to the hobby I don't know how rare they are.
Are they or have they ever been available on the UK Market ?
Otherwise I'd generally say that what's rare to one man is not exactly rare to the next man just like with steak I like mine very rare whilst others like it medium rare