Rare T's

cnapple

Arachnoknight
Are there any species that we have in the states that the Canadians are envious of? 'Cause, honestly, whenever I see something new (and awesome), it's someone from Canada bragging about it! ;) Can't we just merge already?

Boanerges

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
They resemble the GBB,and it is hiiiighly doubtful that these are circulating as GBB in the hobby.Reptist had a pair of these back in the day,and posted pics within the past year if memory serves...
Interesting, I didn't know Brandon had a pair...

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yea I remember the post.He was pretty tight lipped about where they came from as well,and I cannot blame him one bit.He had pre and post molt pics,and I would take it over a GBB ANY DAY.Run a search,it may pop up still.I know the post itself was not old,but he chimed in and posted older pics of when he DID have them in his possession..It was a good read.

synyster

Arachnobaron
available in Canada from who?
Martin and Amanda recieved them at Tarantula Canada

EDIT: ^^Oh well, what he says^^ lol

---------- Post added 10-16-2011 at 01:19 PM ----------

Are there any species that we have in the states that the Canadians are envious of? 'Cause, honestly, whenever I see something new (and awesome), it's someone from Canada bragging about it! ;) Can't we just merge already?
Yeah dude, we rock ;)

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Do you know, are they available in Europe?
Don't think so...Couple people were trying to breed them year or two back but I never heard of any results.From what I understand they make very small egg sacks and are also not the easiest to find in the wild either..

---------- Post added 10-16-2011 at 02:33 PM ----------

Isnt that the green bottle blue look alike? And people say its not worth the mlney for a p.hanum because it lools like a p.fasciata lmao.
Besides the point though. We cpuld possibly have them in the us just labled as gbb
They are bright blue and green so they do have that in common with Chromatopelma but othwise they are two very different spiders from separate genre..
Now back on the topic of Poecilotheria hanumavilasumica is it really worth paying all that money for this one tiny difference?! Click me
That is seriously the only difference!Some dispute whether or not this even justifies them being there own species.
Perhaps if you raise them up and breed them you could make some money back on your investment but otherwise I would agree with Tom (Philth) that it wont be long before there a cheap spider!
-Chris

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
Don't think so...Couple people were trying to breed them year or two back but I never heard of any results.From what I understand they make very small egg sacks and are also not the easiest to find in the wild either..

---------- Post added 10-16-2011 at 02:33 PM ----------

They are bright blue and green so they do have that in common with Chromatopelma but othwise they are two very different spiders from separate genre..
Now back on the topic of Poecilotheria hanumavilasumica is it really worth paying all that money for this one tiny difference?! Click me
That is seriously the only difference!Some dispute whether or not this even justifies them being there own species.
Perhaps if you raise them up and breed them you could make some money back on your investment but otherwise I would agree with Tom (Philth) that it wont be long before there a cheap spider!
-Chris
There.color is.completely different just like the gbb and this other spider exceot with those kne is brighter colored then the other. The,p.hanum has the fasciata patterns and the red and pink hairs like the p.ornata and rufilata. To me yes it is worth all that money. I can show you comparison to a 4" juvenile p.fasciata and the 4" p.hanum so you can see the actual dramatic difference.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
well i dont really agree if they are worth it or not, i am just glad that if they are their own species, then it is good that Poecilotheria hanumavilasumica will be getting into the hobby...i personally will wait until the price comes down, because it will...

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I remember when P. tigrinawesseli slings were well over a $100. Now it's hard to sell them for even $60 and they're much, MUCH prettier than P. hanumavilasumica. As much as I wanted to get that female for my own personal breeding goals, I wasn't about to drop that sort of coin on a spider that wouldn't be worth a 6th of what you paid for it in 1-2 years.

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
I can agree with that. Butvwith me the price of a spider isnt the big thing its whethervi want it bad enough. I am mainly.into arboreals and pokies on that note so even the minor difference between them still makes me want it whether thebprice drops in a year or two. I dont want it in a year or two I want it now >.<

---------- Post added 10-17-2011 at 01:56 AM ----------

But then again look how expensive the p.metallica still is.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I remember when P. tigrinawesseli slings were well over a $100. Now it's hard to sell them for even $60 and they're much, MUCH prettier than P. hanumavilasumica. As much as I wanted to get that female for my own personal breeding goals, I wasn't about to drop that sort of coin on a spider that wouldn't be worth a 6th of what you paid for it in 1-2 years.
I paid about $250 each for the first batch of P. tigrinawesseli slings, by the time I had my first male they were going for about half that price, by the time I had my first sac they are going for about $60 as you mentioned. They are a unique "much, MUCH prettier" spider, and its sad to see them drop in price so fast, as they are worth more than that.

But then again look how expensive the p.metallica still is.
Your comparing a unique electric blue , with bright yellow ventral "warning flashes" pokie's price to other Poecilotheria's price? P. metallica is not even close to being Identical to other Poecilotheria species, as P. hanumavilasumica is. Supply and demand my friend, P. hanumavilasumica are expensive because the supply is low ( for now because they are new to the U.S. hobby) P. metallica is expensive because of the demand.

Later, Tom

Last edited:

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
I paid about $250 each for the first batch of P. tigrinawesseli slings, by the time I had my first male they were going for about half that price, by the time I had my first sac they are going for about $60 as you mentioned. They are a unique "much, MUCH prettier" spider, and its sad to see them drop in price so fast, as they are worth more than that.

Your comparing a unique electric blue , with bright yellow ventral "warning flashes" pokie's price to other Poecilotheria's price? P. metallica is not even close to being Identical to other Poecilotheria species, as P. hanumavilasumica is. Supply and demand my friend, P. hanumavilasumica are expensive because the supply is low ( for now because they are new to the U.S. hobby) P. metallica is expensive because of the demand.

Later, Tom
Oh ok I get it so its about how.pretty the spider is to you..... Well to me it doesnt matter I like thebpretty colors yes but thats not the only reason I buy a spider. Which is kinda what you made it sound like you do.just there because I compared two.spiders. I dont really care about supply and demand either. Once again as stated before I buy a spider because I want it not whether its popular to you or anyome else its my choice I think its absolutely beautiful and worth the money. Exactly like you said about the p.tigrinwasseli. And are you speaking for yourself or everyone in the hobby? This seems to be about how much I paid fpr my spider which I shouldnt even.have mentioned the price cause its not.important nor.should it be. its should be about whether the person who vaught it is happy with what they paid for it. I woild pay well over 200 for my 10" p.ornata even though I only paid $26 when I got her a few.years back. Just because I love the spider and it is worth it to me just like some spiders are worth the extra money to you. But yes I did just compare a electric blue spider to a spider with yellow highlighted warning colors on its underside. Not because of the colors but because of the spider itself.

Arachnoholic

Arachnopeon
Well I personally paid $200 for my P. metallica simply cuz it's a gorgeous T, and I didn't want anyone coming into the store and taking it away. For me, I have an underlying fear of purchasing T's online so when they had one in, I jumped on it like an OBT on movement ;) Really it shouldnt matter why you purchase any specific T or how much you paid. As long as you feel good about the purchase and are happy with what you have. That's what it's all about. Obviously people are going to brag about what they have and how much they paid. Which is all in good fun, but were all here to enjoy these loverly 8 legged wonders!

JOHN 3:16

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I assumed, when we say rare, we are talking about for sale. Rare doesn't mean expensive. I know in some cases it does go hand in hand, but not always. To me these species are rarely seen in the hobby: Acanthoscurria fracta, Brachypelma epicureanum, Grammostola chalcothrix ; and when is the last time you have seen an eight inch (8") King Baboon (Pelinobius muticus) for sale?

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Definately Oligoxystre diamantinensis. I have wanted this since when they were called Turmalina Beauty! As one stated.... Damn Borders!

BCscorp

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Definately Oligoxystre diamantinensis. I have wanted this since when they were called Turmalina Beauty! As one stated.... Damn Borders!
Wasn't the "Turmalina beauty" an unidentified species? Said look like a "blue L. parahybana"?

Last edited:

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
Oh ok I get it so its about how.pretty the spider is to you..... Well to me it doesnt matter I like thebpretty colors yes but thats not the only reason I buy a spider. Which is kinda what you made it sound like you do.just there because I compared two.spiders. I dont really care about supply and demand either. Once again as stated before I buy a spider because I want it not whether its popular to you or anyome else its my choice I think its absolutely beautiful and worth the money. Exactly like you said about the p.tigrinwasseli. And are you speaking for yourself or everyone in the hobby? This seems to be about how much I paid fpr my spider which I shouldnt even.have mentioned the price cause its not.important nor.should it be. its should be about whether the person who vaught it is happy with what they paid for it. I woild pay well over 200 for my 10" p.ornata even though I only paid $26 when I got her a few.years back. Just because I love the spider and it is worth it to me just like some spiders are worth the extra money to you. But yes I did just compare a electric blue spider to a spider with yellow highlighted warning colors on its underside. Not because of the colors but because of the spider itself.

And we have alot of blue spiders out there mate. Who cares which one it is. There all blue. I mean thats what youre saying about rhe p.hanum
and how exactly is it unique if it looks lije a green bottle blue... Like youre saying about the hanum. How is it unique if it looks like a fasciata.

creepa

Arachnoknight
There are a lot more differences between a C. brachyramosa and an L. violaceopes for example., than between P. hanumavilasumica and P. fasciata...:wink: