Robc's 3-d backdrop tutorial (pic-by-pic)

J_dUbz88

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
some confusion when i meant spray i meant such as being sprayed lol the coco wont fall off when its wet? there is no problems with spraying it with water?

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
some confusion when i meant spray i meant such as being sprayed lol the coco wont fall off when its wet? there is no problems with spraying it with water?
No problems at all.....its water proof after it dries......rob

WildF4u

Arachnopeon
THis is awesome!.... I only had one question that i dont think was adressed. how does the back drop hold to the glass in the tank? or does it just rest in it on a slight angle?

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
THis is awesome!.... I only had one question that i dont think was adressed. how does the back drop hold to the glass in the tank? or does it just rest in it on a slight angle?
I have a "How to install Robc's backdrop tutorial" thread out there...I'll find the thread and bump it up so you can check it out...it should answer any questions about installing the backdrop. If it doesn't, let me know...thanks, Rob

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great to see poeple trying out these easy guides. I would love to give a crack at it once I have some more time on my hands. Great stuff Rob.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Great to see poeple trying out these easy guides. I would love to give a crack at it once I have some more time on my hands. Great stuff Rob.
Thank-you.....I will have more to come.....rob

Strix

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Dad's going to pick me up some really thick styrofoam from his job so when I get that I was thinking of cutting it down and making hides (caves, etc) since the pet shop ones are really overpriced (imo) :wall:

As soon as that happens i'll be glad to post those results as well.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Dad's going to pick me up some really thick styrofoam from his job so when I get that I was thinking of cutting it down and making hides (caves, etc) since the pet shop ones are really overpriced (imo) :wall:

As soon as that happens i'll be glad to post those results as well.
It's endless what you can do.....I have used 2 foot thick Styrofoam on a zoo enclosure......you can also make a water bowl out of it if you wanted......post the results for sure......rob

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
Man, did you consider submitting this as an article? This thread should not get lost. (I bookmarked it just in case)

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Man, did you consider submitting this as an article? This thread should not get lost. (I bookmarked it just in case)
It is on the ATS forum book......I have many other tutorials also, just do a advance search and look under tutorial and user Robc.....thanks for the compliment......rob

vvx

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great job.....wow!.....was the guide easy to use.....instructions good?......rob
Yes, but it coulda used a bigger warning as to how much of a mess that foam was gonna make! :) I still have foam "dust" behind some furniture I think.

:)

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yes, but it coulda used a bigger warning as to how much of a mess that foam was gonna make! :) I still have foam "dust" behind some furniture I think.

:)
Yeah, it is pretty bad.....rob{D

DreadLobster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

I carved up the styrofoam in the bed of my truck. Contained the mess pretty well.