Scorpion Picture Thread

Hendersoniana

Arachnoangel
Yep, garridoi is at 5th instar now.
Btw i got both rhopalurus at 2i. Junceus was purchaed almost a year ago and garridoi was purchased about 5 months ago.
I recorded down both rhopalurus growth. Sorry i kissed out on the junceus growth from 2i to 4i as i wasnt recording during that period lol.
Rhopalurus junceus,
28th december 2011, molted 4i -> 5i
17th march 2012, molted 5i -> 6i.
Rhopalurus garridoi
29 Dec 2011, molted 2i -> 3i
1 Feb 2012, molted 3i -> 4i
20 Mar 2012, molted 4i -> 5i
My junceus growth is slow i dont know why. Even my C margaritatus reached full maturity during the ime my junceus was at around 3rd or 4th instar.

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks. It is always good to document this kind of information!

@Keister, he did say what instar it was, didn't he? I guess I only had eyes for the pictures! Thanks for that.;)

Keister

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hahaha yuppers no problem, good pics always get me like that to, no worries.

Greatwun

Arachnopeon

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful A. austalis! Stunning! What instar is the H. mysorensis?

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Why did you have to do that? Beautiful pictures! Spectacular...I would keep using that light diffuser if I were you.

I especially like the carapace of the R. junceus...could you try to get the whole scorpion, by taking a picture over it so that there is not as much blurriness and a better depth field?

Hendersoniana

Arachnoangel
Thanks! I diffused the lights so there will be more details, if u look at my prev photos, they dont have as much details and the lighting isnt good at all. Diffusing creates a softer lighting that spreads out evenly on the subject, making them look better.

I will get a whole shot of the R junceus later on, its time for me to sleep right now :D.

Keister

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could get pics half that nice! Very well done, and I love all your photos!

kevinktong

Arachnopeon
Anybody knows what type of scorpion is this? I took this picture from Hainan,China at the vegetable fields.

scorpion.jpg