The Container Thread

Venari

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

This was done by the OBT on the inside of that enclosure. Maybe OBT fang > plastic jug? That's not exactly flimsy plastic either..it's fairly solid.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
New container..

Its a straw container! :D I have a P. reduncus housed in it..

Dirzain

Arachnopeon
I like this one for my MM A. avic. It's a clear paint can from Michael's. It opens with the 'coin' attached to the handle. Just slide it under the lip and gently pry up and the lid releases easily and quietly. Just gently press back in place.
0524101240.jpg

You can see Webster in his tube web just under his bottle cap water dish attached to the side

I used the smaller version of these to house my A. versi sling and I drilled holes around the outside in two rows as is shown in your picture. Do you guys think that's sufficient ventilation? Just curious, as I'm somewhat new to the hobby.

VinceG

Arachnobaron
Here is one I recently made. I took the container that my iPod was in when I bought it.

It looks like that:

Then drill some holes, add some substrat and some little piece of bark, and put your GBB in!

Nice looking sling enclosure in my opinion!
He already started to web it up! :D

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Based on the description from the OP, I guess this really doesn't count cause I bought it from Michaels with the intent of using it as a T enclosure and it didn't come with neat stuff like pretzels or 500 water balloons.

Oh and it's more like... what CAN'T YOU DO with 500 water balloons. Wage war. That's one thing you could. Haha. I made this last night:

I got like 10 of those at Michaels haha. I dont flip them on the side like that though. I then drill 5 holes on the top, 5 on two side, and ta da! hehe

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
jello shot cups, buy them in bulk at your local grocery store.

Deli containers...i get them from the pet store i work at, i have endless supply of them.

AND MY FAVORITE!....sterilite containers, $2-$10 for just about anything you need. drill some side vents and a few top vents around the rim of the lid, so that way when u stack them, theres still cross venting. most have snaps or locks on them to make sure ur T's stay where u put them.

Venari

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hmm..there's an idea I never considered...putting vials into a plastic drawer!

Do you have some trick of humidifying the whole drawer, or do you water each vial individually?

EDIT: Never mind, I saw the humidifier in the last pic.

Venari

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, but still the cap is there; now I want to know how he puts the water into the cap. Unless he has a rubber tube, or bendy baster, I don't know how he does it. Unless there's a small hole I can't see and he uses a syringe...

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hmm..there's an idea I never considered...putting vials into a plastic drawer!

Do you have some trick of humidifying the whole drawer, or do you water each vial individually?

EDIT: Never mind, I saw the humidifier in the last pic.
the humidifier is for my room, which does help but i just water during feeding..i open each one up and feed individually, its tedious but i enjoy it.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Where do you find the screens like this? I have been looking, but can't find any.
You could just go to your local hardware store(I went to Home Depot) and purchase a 4'x8' roll of window screen. That's what I use for all of my vents. I've tried both the metal and vinyl screen. I prefer using the vinyl only because it's easy to cut and doesn't leave a mess like the metal screen does. The only downside is that if you leave a cricket in the enclosure for too long it will bite through the vinyl. :(

Skullptor

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here is one I recently made. I took the container that my iPod was in when I bought it.

It looks like that:

Then drill some holes, add some substrat and some little piece of bark, and put your GBB in!

Nice looking sling enclosure in my opinion!
He already started to web it up! :D
I got an ipod for my son's birthday. When I saw the container I thought...what neat little container it would make for a T.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
For those of you that eat salads.. Here is a new container you can use out of it..

I have 9 of these.. (We eat alot of salads.. :D)

This one has a .75" T. gigas in it..

I have another one housing a 1.25" P. irminia..

I have 7 more.. (We eat alot of salad here.. :D)

I am going to house 3 P. ornatas, 1 P. subfusca, & a couple A. versicolors in these as soon as they get here.. :D

Kirsten

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
'Bacon Flavored...' Tommy, you deserve real bacon bits!