The Container Thread

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Hi! Im currently reading this thread and I might as well ask in advance what enclosure would be suitable for an about 5'' B. Albo?
I want something DIY coz I really dont have the money to buy an enclosure now.
Go buy an appropriately sized steralite shoebox or something similar. At most it could run you $15 if you get a really expensive brand.
Drill some holes.
And you're done!

Venari

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi! Im currently reading this thread and I might as well ask in advance what enclosure would be suitable for an about 5'' B. Albo?
For a 5" terrestrial? I can't think off the top of my head what you could do on the cheap. Maybe somebody else can chime in :)

Mad Hatter

Arachnofriend
Old Timer
You might be able to modify this idea:

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=162555

This thread may also help with ideas on how to house your T:

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=162528

One way or another, you might have to invest at least a little bit of money in an enclosure... whether it be for the enclosure itself or the materials to make it.

Good luck. :)

EDIT: By the way, you could search the T forums and you may find many many more helpful threads. These are just the two that I knew of off the top of my head, and I'm sure there are plenty more where they came from.

another EDIT: I still love this thread. Some of the containers here are like eye candy.

Dexter

Arachnopeon
These are the best terrestrial containers I have found for inexpensive + stackable + super clear. Used a webcam to take these pics because I am lazy so the quality isn't best. They Aphonopelma is about 3inches. This is the Toddler size shoe box from container store, like 4 dollars. They also have a smaller one and larger adult shoe ones. Thanks Talonawd for turning me on to these.

$4.99 and has pre drilled air holes in it.

To give an idea of the height.

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
[
[/QUOTE]

ERR i cannot find these containers are they strictly micheals? we got this other little rink a dink arts and craft store ima hit up micheals tommrow half to find one of these for a h. longipes i getting the 20th would make a good burrow :D

ButhidaeBomb

Cant Re-Member
Old Timer
container

does anyone need access to the clear container cubes like in groovyspider
last post?? i can offer them if need be.

ButhidaeBomb

Cant Re-Member
Old Timer
what size do you need?? send me a pm and we can talk about it. price, shipping, etc etc

psykoink

Arachnopeon
containerstore.com. You can get them in so many different sizes and the prices are very cheap. In fact if you search the web for discount vouchers for the container store.com you will find a few. I just bought another 30 of them and paid around $40.00.

ERR i cannot find these containers are they strictly micheals? we got this other little rink a dink arts and craft store ima hit up micheals tommrow half to find one of these for a h. longipes i getting the 20th would make a good burrow :D[/QUOTE]

Toirtis

Arachnobaron
Newest experiment....spotted these acrylic ice buckets (roughly 9" x 7" x 7" ) on clearance at a local shop last night...they even come with handy handles.

Last edited:

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I got to get me some of those shoeboxes from the container store. Does anyone know how long they are?

Tang

Arachnopeon
Hi, just wanna share some pics of the container I recently got.
I got a dozen of this just for RM15 (USD5) Dimension at W 6" H 5"
here's some pics of it.

Devil'sRival

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Once she helps me finish off the cheese balls my regalis will be calling this home. I'll be buying more of these for sure, good junk food and a big container to boot. Can't beat it.

Oh and I got it from Walmart.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I need enclosures who are more practical in a limited space. I only have a small cabinet, and all sorts of strange containers makes for alot of wasted space. I really want some from tarantulahomes.com , but I just have no idea which size to buy. So hard to judge without actually seeing it infront of you. I've tried sending them a message with the species I have, and their size, and I'll see what they recommend.

psykoink

Arachnopeon
Some more cubes, this time w/inhabitants

Just a few of my new cubes with some T's in them.

Last edited:

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Nice looking containers. They all look like clones. Maybe ad some green to spice it up? Give them places to hide? :D