What T's are faster than P.irminia?

awiec

Arachnoprince
Mine is like 1.5" and the enclosure is 6" by 3".

I've bought a balfouri sling, can't wait. Although they look bad as slings, as most slings do. What size do they start showing adult coloration?
I'm not really sure (maybe the the 2-3 inch range?), but I do know mine was a little terror during unpacking and probably will be when I have to re-house it. Though I think it looks quite cute as a sling and after it molted its legs were blue for a week before it turned the more steely grey color again.

If you feel more comfortable with a larger cage, then use a larger one. The importance is your confidence, which will affect your reaction.
Well of course, I'm the one who has to care for them:p I just suggest larger cages for some species as it seemed helpful for me, we are not the same people so we both do something that we feel works for us.

BossRoss

Arachnosquire
S. Calceatum is easily the fastest I've had the pleasure of dealing with.
In short bursts I totally agree... Over a long run... Say, Ummm...:eek: across the floor of my apartment the P.irminia wins hands down!! P.s Both adult females about the same size...

Frogo224

Arachnopeon
In short bursts I totally agree... Over a long run... Say, Ummm...:eek: across the floor of my apartment the P.irminia wins hands down!! P.s Both adult females about the same size...
I don't own a P. Irminia but I do own a Cambridgei, and she can be fast when she wants, but when she does wanna be fast, it's not easy wrangling her back up!

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
Yes, they're one that can do high speed laps on the sides of their cages in a blur..... When you take off the lid, you never know if it will be calm, routine maintenance or the Indy 500....
LOL..... Great comparison, Poec (from a race car fan). :)

My irminia is definitely quicker than my pokies. I'm looking to get an L. violaceopes in November, so I'll let you know how it goes, Indy 500 vs. Bonneville Salt Flats rocket car run. :)

Crotalid

Arachnopeon
Is it normal for Irminia to be burrowing? Lol. Or am I doing something wrong?

They've both got huge bits of cork bark, but they're both burrowing at the bottom :/

Akai

Arachnobaron
yeah they are opportunistic burrowers if given the resources. some other arboreals that tend to do this are Lampropelma and Cyriopagopus to name a few. they still their vertical height though.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor

They've both got huge bits of cork bark, but they're both burrowing at the bottom :/

I have 34 species of arboreals, 9 genera. Avics are the only ones that live at the tops of their cages. Everyone else is at or below the substrate, slings to adults.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer

Psalmopoeus, Poecilotheria, Lampropelma and most of the others, except Avics, tend to burrow or make retreats on ground level with dirt incorporated into the webbing. Opportunistic in captivity. Mine grew out of it with age and only one of my irminias lives on the ground behind her corkbark. The other has taken refuge in the corkbark tube angled in her cage. Bottom line is that it's totally normal.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't read Poec54's answer before posting! Yeah, that.

elliotulysses

Arachnosquire
The fastest T is the one that dashes out of the enclosure and gives you a heart attack!

All in good nature, there's some good opinions on these boards. I've wanted to get into taps myself :)

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The two fastest Avics I have experience with are versicolor and diversipes. They're the only ones that I've had run out of the container upon opening it and jump from hand to hand as I attempted to get them back in their homes.

awiec

Arachnoprince
The fastest T is the one that dashes out of the enclosure and gives you a heart attack!

All in good nature, there's some good opinions on these boards. I've wanted to get into taps myself :)
there are a few breeders in our area who have taps, I picked my T.gigas up at a local show but I'm hoping more species will be hatched out soon. Though Brain from Michigan Arachnids had/has some gorgeous adult females (not that I recommend starting off with adults off the bat).