What's Your Favorite T?

Gir

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hmm for disposition I would have to say either Citharischius crawshayi or Pterinochilus murinus. For looks I like all of the Avicularia sp. and for some reason I love the simple black of a Grammostola pulchra.

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i only have 20 T's, the ones that kept me entertained would be, A. geniculata, P. murinus, Rosie, chaco, G. pulchra, A. seemani, P. cambregie, H. gigas, L. parychibana and H.minax.

Yog-Sothoth

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Whats your favorite T?

Pick one arboreal, one terrestrial, and one opportunistic species.

For arboreal I have to pick Heteroscodra maculata. Love how these guys look and they have a little of that African attitude.

For terrestrial, Chilobrachys fimbriatus for looks and general pissed off behavior.

And for opportunistic my fav is Cyriopagopus thorelli.

Waxen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Arboreal: P. irminia
Terrestial: B. vagans

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
Arboreal: Tapinauchenius plumipes
Terrestrial: Pamphobeteus ultramarinus

usumbaraboy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
arboreal: any pokie probally regalis an for terrestrial i would pick the parahybana and i dont know what the other kind is

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Arboreal: Heteroscodra maculata is my favorite. They are very uniquely shaped for an arboreal and their markings are so striking.

Terrestrial: Lasiodora parahybana is my favorite because it large and voracious and pretty and always on display.

Opportunistic: I really like Cyriopagopus schiodtei

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Oppertunisitics are the ones that will climb. dig. and live anywhere.. and usualy web a great deal IE:OBTs

Greaper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Arboreal- Avicularia purpurea
Terrestrial- My G.pulchra, god rest her soul
Other- Grammostola actaeon

Anansi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Arboreal - P. Cambridgi
Terrestrial - Tie between L. Cristata and L. Difficilis
O.S. - G. Aureostriata

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You guys might do better describing their living choices as arboreal, opportunistic and obligate burrowers. Opportunistic and obligate relate to burrow structure. An obligate burrower digs into plain old earth (mostly desert species), while an opportunistic burrower will inhabit an old burrow created by another animal (not always another spider burrow), or will utilize objects such as rocks and/or logs to burrow under. An arboreal will create or utilize a structure above ground level, all arboreals are also opportunistic for the most part (except most Aviculariinae).

I don't think terrestrial is quite the best description, fossorial is more applicable for ground dwellers.

Cheers,
Steve

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good point Steve. I usually think of the types as: above the ground, on the ground ( surface or shallow retreat), and in the ground (tubular burrows) - being arboreal, opportunistic terrestrial, and obligate burrower, respectively. So for my choices:

Arboreal: P. irminia
Burrowing: E.murinus

I don't know if I have a fav opportunistic, but if I did it would probably be pzb, or L. parahybana or something of the like.

Last edited: