C. cyaneopubescens display tank ideas

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well now she has gone crazy webbing everything, even inside the cave. Ever since she molted again and now is about 5". She is also out alot more than before since she has grown. Her webs are so strong that she could actually stand on top of them. She makes bridges and can lay on them.
Heres her work so far.

Heres a close up of my girl

As far as their natural habitat, these are from my research when I first started looking for this species. These pics are no longer online but they are taken from Rick C. West. I had the link saved to my hard drive therefore I was able to save them. These are pics from their natural habitat.

<Edit... copyright violation>

Last edited by a moderator:

betuana

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great pictures of their habitat, and the progress your girl has made on her cave in her cage!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I may be wrong, but I don't think you can post those pictures with out permission from Rick.

Nice setup though.

bareass

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanks for the pics. i think my planned setup will do fine for my T.
anyone know the species to shrubs those are?

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This thread is from 07 :? :wall: :clap:
I think its time for an update. My GBB has gone crazy with the webbing. Heres the most recent.
She Molted today (Which was a big surprise!!) She made a tunnel and another tunnel ontop (where she is right now) Its amazing how strong their webs are because they are able to build floors.

Sterlingspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very cool to see the progress pics on this.

Is that her in the webs in the upper right?

My 2 incher has done the same thing but I thought that was just wacky paranoid s'ling behavior and eventually it would come down and be terrestrial.

I'm still just floored when I see adults of this sp. The colouration is just unreal and even as bright as mine is now it's hard to believe it's only going to get more vibrant. {D

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yep thats her!!! She's right next to her molt in that web enclosure she built.

She has made webs everywhere. Even inside the lower cave. They always modify their creations. She has even decorated with moss pieces stuck to the web.

kalvaer

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Talon all I can say is WOW. I've been thinking of ideas for my T's when they get older and not sure where to start now.
At least I have a long time to try. I will have to get the wife to help me though, as my creative ability is pretty much non existant.

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This thread is from 07 :? :wall: :clap:
Yet it's still relevant and cool as hell. This means someone actually did a search instead of posting a topic that's been covered 1500 times before. :p

kristen.a.grady

Arachnopeon
more pics! more pics! this thread is fascinating to me, especially because I'm about to get a GBB. great ideas!

BCscorp

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
heres my MF GBB in a 10 gal.

In the front where she is sitting is the front porch...a tube then runs down the middle to the back, to the left...her "bedroom" and to the right is where she eats. She also laid the racetrack around the top to finish it off.

kristen.a.grady

Arachnopeon
Awesome! They make the coolest webs ever! How long does it usually take them to web up that much of their tank?

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awesome! They make the coolest webs ever! How long does it usually take them to web up that much of their tank?
They do it in phases. Laying down a layer at a time. With every layer it gets whiter. It becomes really strong that they can make floors. I have had to remove every web three times to clean it out from leftover prey blood stains and prey remains and every time, the next day she (Desire) has started to redo the webbing. With every walk, movement she lays down silk. I'll get an updated pic later today.

cityzooguy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I always thought that it would be cool to use an antler from a deer, or a ribcage from a smallish animal, for a GGB to web upon. I think it would look pretty sick. maybe throw a pile of small animal skulls in there, just so it looks like the spider has been feeding on small mamals.

still working on finding the ribcage though... not to mention the GGB :wall:

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Another update.

I had to clean out the enclosure and that means taking all the webs out. She stored all her prey boluses in the web tunnel so I had no choice.

She started right up again. Its always somewhat similar in how she decorates. This time she worked on a hammack type of web. She spend most of the time now near the entrance of the cave. Theres also webbing on the ceiling (does not show in this pic.)

Another good update.

Figured I post this. I decided to breed her and male was successful.... In her enclosure. :clap:

Male saying hello!

One month after....

She getting bigger....Pregnant!

Last edited by a moderator: