Introduce Yourself

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
bobusboy

hey, canuck here, new to the hobby and just made my first mistake LOL

The crickets at the only pet store near by were about two times too large, so i figured I'd get them really cold and pull the big legs off to feed to my g. pulchra.

(the other place i go has nice two week old not these friggin 4 week or 6 week monster crickets)

Any how tossed them in the fridge for 30 seconds (i timed it) and it killed them by accident, my T is enjoying them still as i kinda been dropping them close to her so it thinks they're a threat or something

note to self...10 seconds tops....

AndreJ18

Arachnopeon
I am Andrej from Slovenia

Bought my first T (b.smithi) like almost 2months ago.
Now I have alredy 7 Ts.

I have
P.irminia
P.cambridgei 2x
b.smithi
g.rosea
a.geniculata
n.chromatus

And this is my wishlist:

Lasiodora parahybana
Theraphosa blondi
Euathlus pulcherrimusklaasi
Ephebopus murinus
Avicularia sp.amazonica
Avicularia cf avicularia
Avicularia metallica
Avicularia huriana
Avicularia spec. Amazonica purple

zacariah

Arachnopeon
MABUHAY!

I'm Zach from Manila, Philippines. Been in the hobby of keeping inverts since 2007. I hope I can learn a lot in these forums and eventually meet new friends. See you around! {D

GeoBear

Arachnopeon
Howdy from TX

Hi all,

Paul from South Texas, down here getting a degree in Geology.

I just made my first T purchase, I ordered "The Tarantula Keeper's Guide" and "Tarantulas and other Arachnids" from amazon.

It ain't a T but I figured this was the best way to start.

death stinger

Arachnopeon
hi pals my name is erik my username here in arachnoboards is death stinger and i am planning to diversify my collection scorpionn sp also i am planning to acquire a b smithi as first tarantula

LucioArgento211

Arachnopeon
I'm LucioArgento211, known on other boards as NPM or no pants man. I'm becoming extremely interested in the arachnohobby and I'm looking forward to get to see it from all different sides while here at arachnoboards. :)

blackmetal

Arachnopeon
news

Hi

i m jean michel verdez from France, i m 47 years old and i have only asian tarantulas

cheers

JM

august01

Arachnopeon
another newbie in the house...

hello guys.
good day to everyone.
I'm just 75days old in the tarantula gig. but everything turned out very well. got my first T as a sling it was a a. chacoana and unluckily it didnt reached its first molt for the ants reached him first. while the sling was around i got excited in the tarantula gig and bought a 2inch a. geniculata. its the T i have until now. i named him Marley for every time i look at his legs it reminds me of bob marley's dreadlocks. at first he was so shy and i kept on worrying on what to feed him. but the seller gave me constant answers to my questions and with the help of mr. GOOGLE.COM i found many information on how to take care of marley and every information about him. now he has undergone 2 moltings under my care, to bad i missed most of his first molting process when i got home it was over, but the second one was very exciting and i really felt pity on him. so helpless i just stared at him hoped he would be ok. and now from 2inches he is roughly 4inches. very active and eats like me, three adult crickets in one feeding. he makes me smile when i'm upset or angry he is a blessing to me. i have a pet dog but a tarantula is a pet that you can keep in ur room and not worry about the poopies (excuse me for the word) in the morning. wil post pics the following days.
thanks for letting me join the site guys hope we be of help anyone.
im looking forward to great stay here....
good day everyone...
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jilliterate

Arachnopeon
So...hiya. I'm Jillian, 29, living in SC. I just got my first tarantula, a Chilean rose. It was a bit serendipitous because it was free and came with a cage and heating pad and everything.

I've been doing some research but look forward to learning everything I can. I'm still not sure what to name her, though.

I'm pretty sociable and have a wide variety of experiences and stories in my history. So feel free to say hi. :)

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How rude of me, I have been on these boards quite some time now and I haven't introduced myself yet. Well here it goes.

My name is Crt, I'm 26(soon to be 27) and I come from small country called Slovenia in central europe. I love all kinds of animals, nature and photography. Since i was little I was interested into bird spiders (for all you americans, tarantulas :p), but I didn't had the chance to have any until last year, when I got my first one, Brachypelma smithi female. I have her now a bit over a year and ever since I got even more interested into bird spiders.

In beginning of this year(february I think) I got my second one, Avicularia versicolor. Thats for now, but I am thinking to get soon my third one. I am actually in a dillema wich one to get as third one, since I have few on my mind like: Psalmopoeus irminia, Avicularia huriana, Chromatopelma cyanopubescens, Acanthoscurria geniculata, Poecilotheria subfusca, Poecilotheria striata or Poecilotheria regalis.

I also have a labrador dog, 4 years old and two cats. And surrounded by woods full of all kinds of animals, even bears, foxes, deers etc.

JohnyScaggs

Arachnopeon
Hello Everyone !

Hi, just thought I'd come and kick around with some other arachno lovers and join in the discussions

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
Hi everyone, I'm not really new to the threads, I've been lurking everywhere, and living in tarantula chat since my first T molted (about a month ago) She's 5" G Rosea, And Just ordered 5 l.Parparahybana Slings =]

Anyways, My name's Anita, I'm 19 and From Ma. :)

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
Hi all! I just joined today. Looking forward to meeting any/everyone! I learned so much from browing Forums here, that I had to join! My main interests are Jumping & Wolf Spiders, but am interested in ALL! Have a great day, everyone!!!!!! S.

Mperor

Arachnopeon
Hey all,

I'm new here, figured I'd drop by and say Hello.

These creatures are so fascinating, I've been reading up a lot about them for the past months. I don't own one yet, mostly doing research about them now....

But my closest 'target' probably will be an emperor scorpion...!

Just gathering stuff for a good setup now, so... yeah.

Hopefully something will happen soon.

See you guys around!

PeterF

Arachnopeon

Hello, My name is Peter,

I am involved with a bug zoo at a university. We do out reach with local schools, public events, etc.
Most of what we have is fairly stable (roaches, T's, millipedes, darklings) or seasonal (mantids, hoppers, whatever turns up). Not currently running an aquatic tank.

Recently got donated a 55 gallon (leaks) and 95 gallon (doesn't) aquariums. Which, it turns out are huge.

Would love suggestions as what to do with them. Especially, multi species communal collections (or single species communal that might be interesting. 55 gallons of roaches is a bit much, and I'm not willing to start a full cricket breeding program, but multiple T's or something might be worth considering).

Currently tossing around the idea of multiple scorpions (Emperor most likely) in the tanks, but worried it's too large for them to find food.

Bull74

Arachnopeon
New

Hey all,
I am new to the hobby, I have an Avic Metalica and just got an LP last Saturday. Addicted already.......!

robbi

Arachnopeon
BC, Canada

Hi everyone here on Arachnoboards! My name is Robbi, my Best Friend is Lucy my 3' P. Imperator. I play the Piano, and my Favourite song I like to play is Boulevard of Broken Dreams (Green Day:worship:).

t8legs

Arachnopeon
Im a new member and would like o know how to post

Hi I'm a new member and looking to know how to post my searches for tarantulas that interest me. I am looking right now for an almost mature male B. Smithi to breed with my 6yo female. I hope someone can help. I am a serious captive bred and born breeder to be. I want to be a part of the preservation of the wild caught specimens. Thanks my email is t8legs @yahoo.com

Your fellow arachno friend