Introduce Yourself

troo

Arachnopeon
Hi people, my name is Alex and I am an ex-arachnophobe who suddenly fell in love in all 'creepy crawlies' in March this year and with my better half, Tom, look after a modest, but quickly growing collection of tarantulas, scorpions and millipedes. Vast majority of our T's are slings, but we have 1 adult male and 2 juveniles (one confirmed female, the other one unsexed yet). Both of our scorpions are boys, with millipedes we have no idea.

The thing I love about the hobby most, I think, is how much we learn every day, either by just watching our critters or by reading about them, researching stuff etc. The thing I'm scared of the most is losing any of the animals, either to a bad moult (I have nightmares about this...) or for other reasons. Call me crazy, but I feel about them the same I feel about our more 'commonly kept' pets and I truly love every single one of them.

We joined this forum a while back when looking for some advice, but now decided to become a more active and participating member.

So yeah... hi! And thanks for having me :)

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Hi people, my name is Alex and I am an ex-arachnophobe who suddenly fell in love in all 'creepy crawlies' in March this year and with my better half, Tom, look after a modest, but quickly growing collection of tarantulas, scorpions and millipedes. Vast majority of our T's are slings, but we have 1 adult male and 2 juveniles (one confirmed female, the other one unsexed yet). Both of our scorpions are boys, with millipedes we have no idea.

The thing I love about the hobby most, I think, is how much we learn every day, either by just watching our critters or by reading about them, researching stuff etc. The thing I'm scared of the most is losing any of the animals, either to a bad moult (I have nightmares about this...) or for other reasons. Call me crazy, but I feel about them the same I feel about our more 'commonly kept' pets and I truly love every single one of them.

We joined this forum a while back when looking for some advice, but now decided to become a more active and participating member.

So yeah... hi! And thanks for having me :)
Welcome to the ab Alex and partner + invert family lol 🙂

redfrog2112

Arachnopeon
Hello just glad to be apart of this group of great people Professional pilot by trade & tarantula Lover by choice just because but cant hadal vercicolors lol lost to many ugh

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Hello just glad to be apart of this group of great people Professional pilot by trade & tarantula Lover by choice just because but cant hadal vercicolors lol lost to many ugh
Hi Red
welcome to ab! I am sorry to hear about your losses but you never know there's great info on versicolor on here and you may be able to figure out what went wrong and try again . Ab is the only place I trust for information on my t's. The people and info on here has helped me out many a time and even saved my tarantulas life after a bad shipping . Type any sp into the search bar and you'll have a wealth of information and if it's not there don't be afraid to ask, someone will know they usually do 😊

Britters

Arachnopeon
Hello, everyone!

My name is Brittney, I live in Minneapolis, MN (US), and I'm fairly new to the tarantula world. While I've always been really interested in one day caring for one, I finally took the leap on December 2nd, and, well, got three. :rofl: Currently I have a Grammostola pulchripes, a Hapolopus sp. Columbia Lg., and (so far, my favorite) an Amazonius germani.

I mainly joined this forum so I could learn more, and just have more people to geek out with. My partner is NOT a fan of the eight-legged creatures, so I needed to find an outlet, then my friend recommended me to this site!

Other than the newly added hobby/passion of tarantula care, I have a plethora of other hobbies/passions. However, I'll shorten it to my favorites: playing videos games (mostly PC and Nintendo Switch), reading, marine biology, and nuclear physics. I also have two cats who are my world.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and have a good one!

Tentacle Toast

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter +
Hello, everyone!

My name is Brittney, I live in Minneapolis, MN (US), and I'm fairly new to the tarantula world. While I've always been really interested in one day caring for one, I finally took the leap on December 2nd, and, well, got three. :rofl: Currently I have a Grammostola pulchripes, a Hapolopus sp. Columbia Lg., and (so far, my favorite) an Amazonius germani.

I mainly joined this forum so I could learn more, and just have more people to geek out with. My partner is NOT a fan of the eight-legged creatures, so I needed to find an outlet, then my friend recommended me to this site!

Other than the newly added hobby/passion of tarantula care, I have a plethora of other hobbies/passions. However, I'll shorten it to my favorites: playing videos games (mostly PC and Nintendo Switch), reading, marine biology, and nuclear physics. I also have two cats who are my world.

Welcome to the forum, friend!

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Hello, everyone!

You'll fit right in here! I know there are a few marine biologists and others who are interested in nuclear physics too. There are alot of gamers, there's also alot of cat lovers myself included 😊 I have 2 boys that just moved in and we feed the local strays from the train tracks out bk so your in good company 😉 Welcome to the ab family 😊

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I mainly joined this forum so I could learn more
Welcome to the hobby and AB! The fact that your new and began using the actual taxonomic nomenclature right away is awesome!! It often can take newer folks much longer to begin using that, so well done!!

SpookySpooder

"embiggened"
Arachnosupporter
Hello, everyone!

Welcomeee~ I'm practically here for the same reasons... my partner is not very interested in any of my T's so I try not to inundate their mental state with all the stuff I learn here by annoying the lovely people here instead. :)

Left

Arachnopeon
hello! my name's left, i'm 22 and am in central texas.
i'm extremely new to the hobby, having been doing avid research into bug keeping (broad term here because i'm curious in a lot of things) after taking in a local orb weaver over the fall season (that's how i found this forum, actually haha)
tarantulas have definitely caught my eye the most and i've been excitedly looking forward to when i am able to house one of my own.
i do a lot of art on the side as my job takes up a majority of my time due being an overnight job. very excited to be here and to learn more about a blossoming hobby. [II|: )

kbrown1124

Arachnopeon
Hi, my name is Kevin. I live in Wyoming and I'm fascinated with tarantulas, reptiles, snakes, well I guess with everything. But I do really like Pamphobeteus species and hope to learn and meet other Tarantula lovers. Thanks for having me here

Last edited by a moderator:

adamp39

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone, I am Adam, 21 (at the time of writing this) and I currently reside in Slovakia. My interest in spiders dates back quite a few years but for some reason I've never felt compelled, until now, to join this forum. Last year I received an Acanthoscurria geniculata as a birthday gift and it got me excited about Theraphosidae (prior to that I'd only cared about species local to my area or Central/Western Europe, which do not include almost any Mygalomorphs). I hope I can find relevant topics here to discuss and participate in, be they about "true spiders" or "tarantulas".

Grant501

Arachnopeon
Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

Feel free to post a picture of yourself here.

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here.

Hope you enjoy your stay :D

The Arachnoboards Team
Hi my name Grant, I'm in Newfoundland. I am in the process of getting a Tarantula after the holidays. My wife is the resident arachnophobe and has finally consented to getting a spider. It only took 32 years :) I currently keep reptiles (corn snakes, a ball python and a gecko. Along with cats and dogs.

Right now I'm gathering info on how to properly setup for a Tarantula. I am hoping to get a Chromatopelma Cyaneopusence in the near future.

Grant

Motherofspiders112707

Arachnopeon
Hello! My name is Gabbie, I'm 16 and I'm new to the hobby. Right now, I have two cats, two crested geckos, one regal jumping spider, two scorpions, an Egyptian camel spider (his name is Tutankhamun), and three tarantulas. A Chromatopelma Cyanopubescens/Green bottle blue sling named Rhaenyra, a Curly hair named Gemma, and one very cute Dolichothele Diamentinensis or Brazilian blue dwarf beauty called Jaehaera. I'm pretty overprotective of my critters, and I love all animals very much!

Last edited:

Crazychickensnake8

Arachnopeon
Happy Holidays.. Im Amber. Mom of 4 kids (21, 18, 15 and 9) I have a dog, a cat, 4 guinea pigs, 3 hamsters, 9 snakes, 6 geckos and (newly) 1 tarantula. I work for my states department of natural resources and have a part time job as well. Im also an assistant scoutmaster to a bsa boy troop, bsa girl troop, bsa cub pack and i help out our gsa girl troop (our sister troop) and our gsa brownies. I love camping and hiking in my spare and not spare time (troop camping haha)

Thanks 🙂

regalux

Arachnopeon
Hellooeee! My name is Tyler, i’m 16 and i have been planning to get a regal jumping spider for a while now. I have no experience with spiders whatsoever, but i’ve done a ton of research about these fellas and i’ll do as much as i can to make sure it’s gonna have a nice and lovely life with a loving dad (me). Yippie! :cigar::cigar:

Reefs and Ts

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone' my name is Caleb and I am just getting into the hobby. I've kept reef tanks for a while and the variety in Ts jumped out at me. I have a serious problem with collecting things and the hobby just seemed really cool to me. I am waiting on a Brachypelma boehmei and am currently building a new display case to keep a few different Ts!

TarantulaJay

Arachnopeon
Good day all,

My name.is Jay and I have arrived from sunny Blackpool in the UK. I currently own a budwing mantis, ghost mantis, pterinopelma sazimai and lastly a psalmopoeus irminia. Love watching all the Tarantuatubers (my own name for them) and hopefully will learn and interact loads with all of you awesome peeps. Say hello 👋

grndjmpr03

Arachnopeon
Hey y'all

My name is Alina, I'm 20 and I'm from east TN. So far I only own 4 species of isopods (T. tomentosa, P. laevis, P. pruinosus, P. hoffmannseggii), but love arachnids and have been lurking on here looking at tarantula and scorpion pics for a while. My best friend has an Asian forest scorpion and he's like a nephew to me

RavenHalllow

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone,

I'm Raven and I am interested into getting into the hobby. Going to be starting with an Emperor Scorpion, Curly Hair, GBB and a Jumping Spider. Looking forward to picking your brains about all sorts of things.