Introduce Yourself

alex666

Arachnopeon
Hi I'm Alex. Me and my partner have a few spiders (black widow, false widow, 2 jumping spiders)

They are mostly his lol I'm more into snakes. But I just picked up a tailless whip scorpion at an expo today I've wanted one for a while. Everything I dreamed it would be she's so cool. Not 100% sure the exact species or gender though which is why I am now here

I love the giant centipedes as well would love to have one some day

utahraptor9000

Arachnopeon
Hi, I’ve lurked here for a while but decided to make an account. I’m in my twenties and I’m from the midwestern United States.
I have two spiders, an Aphonopelma hentzi named Namira, and a Phidippus audax named Boethia.
I also have a crested gecko named Alduin, and a cat named Mowgli.
I’m new to the hobby and I’m looking to learn more about it and interact with more people in the hobby
I hope the formatting of this isn’t terrible I’m typing from my phone rip

jvonschweet

Arachnopeon
Hi all, I'm Jordan, been lurking for a while since I got my first tarantula (caribena versicolor) last year and now have 15 scorpions (1 mum and 14 scorplings) that I may need help identifying the correct species but plan to go to the right section for that!

Dranared

Arachnopeon
Hi my name is Sandra I'm a avid invert keeper and breeder. I've kept various inverts over the years and have recently started my journey as a scorp herder lol. I have a H.Spinifer that recently popped out 24 babbys, all doing well so may well have a go at the communal living tank with them and keep you all posted on that!
Also I have 2 x L.Ps a BWR mex and 2 x P.Regius male and female i'm hoping to breed. So I'll hopefully be posting quite a bit and any advise from you will be gratefully received :D

Outdoor explorer

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone. I’m Andy and new to the hobby. ( sorry if I ask a million questions 😅 ). I live in Preston uk and have always considered keeping them and got my first last Sunday. It’s a learning curve for me and everyday is a worry as I want to make her as comfortable as I can. Mine is a Mexican red knee and is no very sociable lol. Thanks for letting me join

FormaPhobbie

Arachnopeon
Hi. I'm Nicky. Long time wife to Wayne who got me into all this! I started life getting jump scares from spider videos that my dog tried to prevent me from watching them. I then made Wayne a spider out of clay which involved close examination of the target tarantula (a P. metalica). Then came the first real T: a C.versicolour…. Fast forward a couple of years and we now have over 20 in the house 2 of which are mine. I have a T.seledonia which we have been raising from a tiny sling and is now (I think) a small juvenile, and a confirmed female D. Pantoloris.

I find spiders absolutely fascinating despite the fact that my flight drive kicks in every time they move too quickly, and the more interesting rehouses involve me peering from behind our en-suite door. I also feel a kind of affinity with them and I joke they talk to me (I used to know when there was a house spider about without seeing it, so keeping T's has interfered with that somewhat).

Anyway. I have decided to embrace spiderdom fully and join the forum! I look forward to learning more about our 8 legged friends.

ramalho

Arachnopeon
My names Steve...from ontario ...I have 18 ts ....I also had many more ts years ago but a bad situation happened where my wife bailed her step dad out who is addicted to drugs...I told him to stay away from my spiders but of course he didn't...he had seen me with spraybottle thati would fill water bowls and occasionally mist the corners of the substrate...one day while I was at work he decided he would go in my t room and spray then all well he had used my wife bleach bottle from laundry room and killed all my ts ...I was depressed for a long time but have lately been back into the hobby and have a really nice collection going

Hi, my name is Mark. Crowd answers "Hi Mark"

I am addicted to tarantulas. It has been a few weeks since I last purchased a tarantula. However, I keep thinking about them. It is a daily struggle.

Seriously though, I have been keeping T's for many years now. I am 40, the father of three great kids, divorced and an avid sailor. I have been racing sailboats on Lake Michigan for over 20 years. One of the things I enjoy about keeping tarantulas is studying and learning about them. It is a great diversion from the mundane aspects of everyday life.
Preach brother

nineslugs

Arachnopeon
Hello!

I'm Veed, from the pacific northwest, been keeping invertebrates of some variety since around 2013.

I started with hissing roaches (I still have decendants of my original colony, they have been with me through some hard times) and eventually branched out into other roach species, phasmids, and isopods. I've got some white spot assasins as well, and have kept a wide variety of other inverts over the years.

I recently got a tiny little scorpling which led me here! I haven't had many arachnids since my partner is terrified of spiders and amblypygids, so this is a new world for me.

Other than bugs my hobbies are art (traditional + digital), combing the beach to look at sea creatures, reading, and video games.

444 critters

Arachnosquire
Well dang.

I'm josh, I'm a pothead.. haha jk, About the josh part. Hahaha. Ok. Ok. Ok.. I am josh, I'm from Phoenix Arizona. I have been interested in wild life ever since I was a kid. I used to catch anything that moved. I have raised and started to breed bearded dragons for my kids, that led to roaches, now i have several colonies, which led me wanting to feed more cool stuff, so I branched out into the invertebrates. I love and appreciate all kinds of critters. I currently own 2 female OBT and 3 Mexican red knee "hamorii" I am currently collecting "my personal likes" of tarantulas, but with a wife, it takes alot of persuasive words... i deffinantly plan on breeding several different species in the future. 😁 20240205_201548.jpg 20240207_144539.jpg

faecalu

Arachnopeon
hello! my name is maya and im 22, i currently have 4 T's (a red knee, 2 suntigers, and a red rump) and have loved inverts and arachnids since i was a kid! I got my first t (the red knee) and lets just say she was a little out of my depth for a while, quite feisty and fast! Outside of my animals I am a dog groomer and used to be (had to quit bc of space restrictions) apprentice falconer. My red rump, Harlon, is named after my mentor's Red tailed hawk.

My dream is an A. purpurea pair, as i find them absolutely stunning, and I would love to produce them one day.

Bexx

Arachnopeon
Hi!

I'm Bex! I'm 29 years old, a life-long bug lover- been obsessed since I was a little kid-, and I just recently got into keeping some bugs of my own. I currently own two: A Ghost Mantis named Reaper Man and a Regal Jumping Spider named Bracken! I just (as in like, five minutes ago) placed an order for my very first tarantula! I'm starting with a GBB, and I could not be more excited to be able to raise one of these beautiful little critters.

I am also a plant nut (I am especially enamored with Hoyas- have WAY too many of them!), I have a cat named Cecilia who thankfully is not very interested in my bugs or my plants. I live with my wife and in my spare time I enjoy drawing and playing games with my friends! I work an office job during the week.

I'm super excited to be here and to be finally embarking on my journey owning a T!

Camden

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey hey. Cam here. Haven't been active since I was a teenager, haven't had any inverts in some time. Now I've got a kid of my own and I wanna brush up on my knowledge!

Exotics29

Arachnopeon
Hi my name is Jessie. I have had jumping spiders for years. Looking to get my first tarantula. Excited to be here.

goofyGoober99

Arachnosquire
Sup y'all! I'm A and I'm from the pacific north west. I've always been an invert enjoyer so now that I'm an adult or whatever I can keep as many as I want in my house 😎. My partner and I are as of now the proud parents of 2 jumpers, 3 baby tarantulas, and around 6 miscellaneous spiders he kidnapped off the walls.

Excited to be in a community of people who like spiders as much as me 🕷

dbholtlund39

Arachnopeon
Hey y'all. I'm Dylan and I'm a recovering arachnophobe. I'm wanting to learn more about carrying for tarantulas. I got my first T a few weeks ago. She's a curly hair and her name is Lilith. I'm absolutely in love with her and want to give her the best life she can have. Not much to say about myself though. Mostly videogames and trying to get a job in tech. Got 2 cats who I love despite their screaming at 4 a.m. I look forward to seeing what all's here.

PurpleDemiseFakingAnt

Arachnopeon
Hey all! Im relatively new to love of inverts + spiders but I just became proud parent to some BDFBs and I really want to care for them right, as well as eventually branch out into spiders!!

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Hey all! Im relatively new to love of inverts + spiders but I just became proud parent to some BDFBs and I really want to care for them right, as well as eventually branch out into spiders!!
Lol!!! Think I realized what you did with your user name