Now i am a criminal

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Be sure to keep us posted on your progress on the matter. This is of great interest to not just keepers in Denmark, but to keepers world-wide. Or at least it should be.

cold blood

Staff member
Louise f, since you're still posting I assume at least the Danish prison systems have wi-fi and computer access...not too shabby:wink:

edgeofthefreak

Arachno-titled!
Old Timer
(please note the exceptions)
So what ARE the exceptions in that list? Is it possible the whole list is the exception list, and you got the new guy who didn't read? If that's the case, then all invertebrates are considered okay, and someone needs new training.

Unlikely to be the case I'm sure, but it's worth thinking about.

Last edited:

louise f

Arachnoangel
So what ARE the exceptions in that list? Is it possible the whole list is the exception list, and you got the new guy who didn't read? If that's the case, then all invertebrates are considered okay, and someone needs new training.

Unlikely to be the case I'm sure, but it's worth thinking about.
hey here are the exceptions

Table 1: List of Invertebrates exempting from these import requirements, covered by other specified requirements.
Order
Family
Genera/species
Ixodidae (Ticks)
Amblyomma, Anocentor, Boophilus, Dermacentor, Haemaphysalis, Hyalomma, Ixodes, Rhipicephalus
Argasidae (soft bodied ticks)
Ornithodorinae, Argasinae
Acarina (Ticks and mites)
Nuttalliellidae
Nuttalliella
Anopheles, Bironella, Chagasia .
Aedeomyia, Aedes, Armigeres, Ayurakitia, Coquillettidia, Culex, Culiseta, Dei-nocerites, Eretmapodites, Ficalbia, Galindomyia, Haemagogus, Heizmannia, Hodgesia, Isostomyia, Johnbelkinia, Limatus, Lutzia, Malaya, Mansonia, Mao-rigoeldia, Mimomyia, Onirion, Opifex, Orthopodomyia, Psorophora, Runchomyia, Sabethes, Shannoniana, Topomyia, Trichoprosopon, Tripteroides, Udaya, Urano-taenia, Verrallina, Wyeomyia, Zeugnomyia
Culicidae (Mos-quitoes)
Toxorhynchites
Culicoides (biting midges)
Culicoides imicola
Cochliomyia (Screw worm)
Cochliomyia hominivorax
Diptera (flies)
Glossinidae (Tsetse)
Glossina
Import of reptiles, amphibians and invertebrates to Denmark (excluding import to approved bodies, in-stitutes and centres as defined in Art. 2, 1, (c) of Directive 92/65/EEC) must comply with the require-ments of Danish order no. 774 of 29. August 2001 regarding veterinary control of live animals at import and export.
The animals must be accompanied by a Veterinary Certificate issued by the competent veterinary au-thority of the country of origin of the animals in accordance with the model in Annex I, Part I and II of Commission Decision 2007/240/EC. The Veterinary Certificate must be certified by an official veteri-narian employed by that competent veterinary authority.
The animals must originate from an OIE country and a holding meaning a farm or other officially super-vised agricultural, industrial or commercial undertaking where animals are kept or bred, including amusement parks, wildlife and hunting reserves, and pet shops, but excluding approved bodies, institutes and centres.
Animals of the above mentioned families/species kept as pets, which have remained in the care of the owner since birth or at least 21 days before dispatch to Denmark and which are not intended to be sold or transferred to another owner may be imported according to these requirements. In such cases the Place of origin described under point I.11 in the Veterinary Certificate is the residence of the owner. Approval number does not apply.
The animals must comply with the following health requirements, which are to be stated under ”II. Health information” of Part II of the Veterinary Certificate:
Side 2

---------- Post added 03-22-2015 at 08:07 AM ----------

Louise f, since you're still posting I assume at least the Danish prison systems have wi-fi and computer access...not too shabby:wink:
Hehe yeah they do, and it is free ;) haha. But i dont want to try it out :)

---------- Post added 03-22-2015 at 08:09 AM ----------

Be sure to keep us posted on your progress on the matter. This is of great interest to not just keepers in Denmark, but to keepers world-wide. Or at least it should be.
I will keep you posted. i think it concerns the hobby world wide, just as you said :)

edgeofthefreak

Arachno-titled!
Old Timer
...hey here are the exceptions...
Wow. Okay then.

If they take away your spider hobby, then you should start an INCREDIBLE Culicidae hobby in Denmark. Everyone get some shallow take-out container for 1/4" deep pools, don't listen to LPS advice, tap water is fine as long as it sits out, etc...

louise f

Arachnoangel
Wow. Okay then.

If they take away your spider hobby, then you should start an INCREDIBLE Culicidae hobby in Denmark. Everyone get some shallow take-out container for 1/4" deep pools, don't listen to LPS advice, tap water is fine as long as it sits out, etc...
Never ever gonna let them take away my spider hobby. :) no no no no. I am gonna get my spiders the one way or another ;) They are not checking all packages so i really dont care about their rules. but as i said i found some other rules saying it dont count for private persons. i just have to convince them about that. It is ridiculous that they dont know their own rules :)

Mosquitoes hehe no i am just gonna have mosquito bites all the time. + they are not fancy as spiders ;) hehe

---------- Post added 03-22-2015 at 01:44 PM ----------

The middle does indeed get raped, nothing affects the wealthy.

That Danish law is terrible!
Yes it is terrible. It sucks, i hope they are gonna change that soon. I have never heard of this rules in no other countries before.
But it is typical Denmark. we have so many stupid rules for everything.:clown:

MrDave

Arachnosquire
Never ever gonna let them take away my spider hobby. :) no no no no. I am gonna get my spiders the one way or another ;) They are not checking all packages so i really dont care about their rules. but as i said i found some other rules saying it dont count for private persons. i just have to convince them about that. It is ridiculous that they dont know their own rules :)

Mosquitoes hehe no i am just gonna have mosquito bites all the time. + they are not fancy as spiders ;) hehe
There are just too many rules for anyone to follow - including people you'd expect to know them. You're on the right track in finding out what rules apply to you. Just be respectful when you inform them of what they are so they don't get their back up.

Squidies

Arachnopeon
yes. Invertebrates at the bottom.
It says "Invertebrates" right at the bottom.
My mistake. Completely missed that at the bottom. Like I said, just skimmed through it.

I just found out that there are some more rules, they say that the health care papers does not count, when it is for private persons and the spiders or other invertebrates have ( non commercial value )
so that would make a whole lots of sense to me.
If that's the case (which would make a lot more sense) then they have no reason to confiscate your spiders. Next time you contact them, make sure you get the exact letter of the law, and quote it verbatim as it is written, including sections and subsections and what not. After that mention that if your spiders are not returned that you will be contacting a lawyer and the press. Sometimes just the threat of litigation and negative publicity is enough for them to give up and just return what is rightfully yours. If not, and you don't want to hire a lawyer, at least try the press. Who knows, they might actually take an interest (Spiders are sexy), and it might work out in your favor. Good luck.

louise f

Arachnoangel
My mistake. Completely missed that at the bottom. Like I said, just skimmed through it.

If that's the case (which would make a lot more sense) then they have no reason to confiscate your spiders. Next time you contact them, make sure you get the exact letter of the law, and quote it verbatim as it is written, including sections and subsections and what not. After that mention that if your spiders are not returned that you will be contacting a lawyer and the press. Sometimes just the threat of litigation and negative publicity is enough for them to give up and just return what is rightfully yours. If not, and you don't want to hire a lawyer, at least try the press. Who knows, they might actually take an interest (Spiders are sexy), and it might work out in your favor. Good luck.

Well right now i am waiting for some papers of the law. + i am waiting for papers where they say what they will do with my spiders. so i have evidence of their actions,
and so i have something to go to a lawyer and the press with.
Thanks.

King Sparta

Arachnosquire
interesting. may provoke tighter exotic law here in the canada and USA.
bro, I wish you all the best in your journey of justice.

8Legs8Eyes

Arachnosquire
Wow. I'm so sorry you are having to go through this, Louise. Fingers crossed that this works out in your favor sooner rather than later.

louise f

Arachnoangel
News on this one; the news is that i made a complaint, over 9 month ago, guess what they are drawing it.
3 month ago i got papers saying there can go up to three month till they made a decision in the case, just the other day i got new papers again Guess what, the same BS as last time. I think they are drawing it because they are aware that i am right. ( hoping ) :)

Well then, i just soon had enough of their crap. :banghead:
But you know i really dont care, they can do what they want, i have given up. Life is to short for this BS. :)

I just take it easy and wait up to see what they find out, if they ever do so:bored::meh::)

So yes that was a little news on this old one :happy:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Of course i'm with you, Lady L, my friend... we know well, lol. Wish to have Danish laws when it comes to T's instead of Italian dumb ones.

We were, post 2003, like the Baltic Partisans fighting in the woods against USSR commies :)

I suppose we managed to win :p Arachnids are still technically banned (ALL Arachnids) yet there's Arachnids fairs and you can buy/trade. But only during those events :rolleyes:

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
New rules in Denmark kills the hobby. !!

My history is that i bought some G.roseas in Poland. But the danish customs took my package.
Because new rules say that there need to be animal health care papers on each spider. ( done by a veterinaerian doctor in the country they come from ) in this case Poland.

So now my spiders are in the danish zoo.

The pet doctors i talked to have never heard of this before and cannot do the papers for me. they say they cant do a health check on spiders. Thats physical impossible.

The danish vetenaerians said to me today if i cant get the papers have i broken the law. and then they will kill my spiders. :eek: That is not in my opinion Animal health care !!!!

on the other hand, i would really love to see them examinate a big fat OBT :biggrin: I would pay a lot to see this.:laugh:

They also say that this rules will soon be in all EU countries. But i dont know if it is true or not.

Well so now i am a criminal.

P.s:

If they kill nice and healthy spiders, it should be them called criminals. Not me.
That is SOOOO completely stupid wrong and cruel!!!!!!!!!! The stupid part is requiring the "health check", I mean, with other animals you could judge whether they are healthy to travel or not, but I don't know that that's possible with a spider and anyway, that should be the dealer's responsibility. That is what LAG is for and such. The cruel part is that they would KILL the tarantulas for NO REASON!!! :rage: OMG, that makes me angry and this is a PERFECT example of what happens when governments try to fix and protect things. Yeah, way to go on preventing cruelty to spiders. *slow clap*

Last edited:

louise f

Arachnoangel
Of course i'm with you, Lady L, my friend... we know well, lol. Wish to have Danish laws when it comes to T's instead of Italian dumb ones.

We were, post 2003, like the Baltic Partisans fighting in the woods against USSR commies :)

I suppose we managed to win :p Arachnids are still technically banned (ALL Arachnids) yet there's Arachnids fairs and you can buy/trade. But only during those events :rolleyes:

Thanks friend. ;)