User some tarantulas of mine

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
thanks....haha i thought id never get a comment! tomorrow il take some more of him. since people like them. i only have 1 left of 133(let the rest go) i kept him because he acually has personality and i swear remembers me to an extent! he has gotten alot bigger now!(about 4 inches

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well its been a while since i posted a pic of my mantid. and sorry it took me a while to get to it. but here he or she is.

SSC_3362.JPG

SSC_3363.JPG

SSC_3364.JPG

also if anyone knows his species please tell me i havent figured it out yet. enjoy cody kerr

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
nope, just the fbuilt in flash for those. though i did make a shop light into a "soft box" almost i just put in a natural daylight bulb and fitted a white cloth to spread the light better.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
hey gavin, did you mean a "white box" if so no im not using one. i just use a piece of glossy white paper draped over a crate or whatever is around. but its basically the smae concept.

Loudog760

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice pictures bro. Who do you get mantid from? And whats a good sized one you can buy?

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i raised him my self, i had a fertile female who laid eggs and i hatched him. he was just one out of 133 babies that were born. i keptjust him and released th rest.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
here is a picture of one of my H. incei(this pic doesnt ddo it justice at all!)

SSC_0175.JPG

Loudog760

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I see, very cool man. Nice picture of your H. incei to, cool little guy.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah i have 3 andi hink 2 may be male because there growing mighty fast.

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Nice shots.
I like the H incei.
These guys are very fast growers. It might not mean it's a male.:)

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
really!? cool. there still way to small for a ventral sexing and i dont have a micro scope soo. ill just have to wait till there bigger. i have then seperate right now, i plan on breeding them and puttingthe gravid female in nother enclosure to have babies and start a communal.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ok well i got back from the missouri bug hunt yesterday and i got a few more A. henzi im mainly wanting to show the various color form of this truely underated spider

ok the first 3pics are of the ones i found. both are from he same area(gainsville missouri) andthe last 2 pics are of my female ive had for 4 years now from joplin missouri

SSC_0500.JPG

SSC_0501.JPG

SSC_0502.JPG

SSC_0506.JPG

SSC_0507.JPG

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
notice on the first 2 the one is dark black almost with red setea covering her abdomen, and the other is just a pure chocolate brown color, also notice between the 2 new ones and the female ive had for 4 years how the carapace colors are dramatically diffrent, where he new one i have have a much lighter carapace and my old one has almost a black carapace