What's Your Favorite T?

Sevenrats

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My first T which I still have is a G.rosea is my most favorite. I'm expanding my little family now but the rose hair is calm and relatively large and is always out in the open. No spazzing out because a hand goes into the enclosure. She has nice color too. They are a great Tarantula to keep. In a few years when you can't get wild caught anymore they are going to be in big demand just like the red knees.

The jittery and crazy ones are neat but when my rosey goes I'm going to be sad. We've been together for 10 years.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i just love the thai black birdeaters! haplopelma minax,jet black,pure evil!{D that's the way i like em!{D :drool:

bpage_10

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
A lot of people have probably said this but I would steal candy from a baby to get a xenesthis immanis or intermedia. I know I CAN buy them but unforunately my wallet screams "NO!" Such pretty Ts......:drool: :drool: :drool:

ColdBloodedOne

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Cobalt Blue

Right now my new Cobalt Blue is my favorite. It has really cool colors.
My favorite just cause is my small rosehair. It is the only T I have ever held (by accident). I find it so pretty.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Not sure I have got a favorite

lets see i guess ill start with the one i have known forever
1. A. Anax (Texas Tan) These are very docile in the wild and just plain friendly
2. A. Moderatum (A. texensis) (Rio Grande Gold) they are about hte same as A. anax but more colorful in fact prob the best looking native to the USA
3. T Blondii( Goliath Bird Eater) Its big , really big lol and it is pretty agressive , i know when you look at my top 2 that seems to contradict lol
4. All the rest lol OTB included, i wonder what a bit would be like lol NOT

Arachnomaniac

Arachnopeon
This question is a hard one. I will just use the 4 tarantulas that I would most like to get.
1. Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (Greenbottle Blue)
2. Psalmopoeus cambridgei (Trinidad Chevron)
3. Ephebopus cyanognathus (Blue Fang Skeleton)
4. Aphonopelma moderatum (Rio Grande Gold)

Spiderface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
pterinochilus murinus. I can't get over that vivid orange, especially against a dark substrate. also they have a tattoo on their rear end.{D

ChainsawMonkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My favorite one...that's hard, actually, no its not. I've wanted one for so long, and have just found one. I want a Cyclosternum fasciatum. The reason why is that I love their appearance, they look like living halloween decorations! Not to mention the small size and "fun" disposition...:}

Last edited:

gecko_keeper/KBfauna

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't really have a favorite. I like all of the ones that I own. They're all pretty cool in there own ways

Tarantula_man94

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im quite fond of Halopelma Genus. Epsecially Lividum. For thier color, temperment, and awesome burrows. Martin's method (he borrowed from Volker Von Wirth ) for enclosure makes it possible to view them even while burrowed in.

i agree completely. Lividum is my favorite. the color, burrowing soo deep, the spped agression. Truly a great T.

thomas22

Arachnopeon
i would hve to say the old world spp take the cake in my opinion. but P.murinus would have to be my fav. but if new world spp. is what we were talking about id have to say L.parahybana. there huge with with a great temperment.

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I truly believe everyone should just list their 'favorite T's' in order on their member profile. (Go in alphabetical, size, coloration, and bowel moment frequency) with a brief description of every single one. Then everyone can go look.

But then, we'd be missing half the threads on the boards.

*Shrug*