Considering orange headed roaches ??

SpookySpooder

"embiggened"
Arachnosupporter
So you're saying I should go buy 10 LPs?

TBH whenever I see a Pamphobeteus like yours I am reminded that I want one but I haven't seen any slings locally that scream BUY ME NOW

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
So you're saying I should go buy 10 LPs?

TBH whenever I see a Pamphobeteus like yours I am reminded that I want one but I haven't seen any slings locally that scream BUY ME NOW
there’s one genus with a bigger appetite the 3 Goliath spiders. Really any spider large enough to eat adult roaches works. Or do one even better and get a large lizard to eat Dubias.

SpookySpooder

"embiggened"
Arachnosupporter
Yeah I'd love some juvie Pamphobeteus, maybe I can trade a thousand dubia for one

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Yeah I'd love some juvie Pamphobeteus, maybe I can trade a thousand dubia for one
Yeah once it starts eating again I’ll probably run low on dubia males. I gotta cut back on feeding that thing. It’s a fatty!! No clue when my klugi and lp are going to get full size. Talk about glacial growth rates. 3- 5 months for orange head roaches to get adult size, we’re talking years until they are an established colony. My temps are low 76 summer 70 winter ❄ for Ts.

Last edited:

SpookySpooder

"embiggened"
Arachnosupporter
Dubias take like 6 months from nymph to adult as well, heat helps reduce that time by a good amount I think.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Dubias take like 6 months from nymph to adult as well, heat helps reduce that time by a good amount I think.
I remember someone tried to tell
Me to get hissers those take a year to get full grown not exactly good quick feeders. Orange heads & dubia both become adults in half the time or 1/3 of hissers I bet.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
held a roach for fun, they are being picky or something usually they devoured apples but the current core they barely touched. And the roach chow they don’t seem to like 50/50 oats/cat food. Any tips what to feed these?
IMG_4587.jpeg IMG_4586.jpeg

SpookySpooder

"embiggened"
Arachnosupporter
I feed my dubias the same cycle of stuff and they always eat it.

Roach chow is blended oats and fish food which is what I feed all the time. Once or twice a week I will give them an orange slice, a piece of a mango, spinach leaves, lettuce, cabbage, or frozen peas.

I never give them cat or dog food as it has way too much protein and that can result in health issues.

I regularly give them a carrot or a slice of potato.

Everything gets eaten within a day or two, nothing sits or molds.

They're roaches. They'll eat anything. If they aren't eating what you're feeding it's probably because they got enough of that nutrient.

They can self regulate their diet if you let them.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter

Roach chow is blended oats and fish food which is what I feed all the time. Once or twice a week I will give them an orange slice, a piece of a mango, spinach leaves, lettuce, cabbage, or frozen peas.

I never give them cat or dog food as it has way too much protein and that can result in health issues.

They're roaches. They'll eat anything. If they aren't eating what you're feeding it's probably because they got enough of that nutrient.

I noticed orange head roaches are way more picky than Dubias which eat basically everything. They refused an apple core! Almost unheard of . Probably 4 months til orange nymphs are adults. My colony is a long way from established.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter

I can only get them to eat pure grind up roach chow and fruits/veggies.
I can’t seem to get any views but made a new video I got more baby’s now.

SpookySpooder

"embiggened"
Arachnosupporter
Looks and sounds normal to me. If you want faster growth you gotta keep heat at 29°C

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Looks and sounds normal to me. If you want faster growth you gotta keep heat at 29°C
That’s right in the range the temperature is set on and fluctuates above or below it. I’d have to set it to 90 for dips to be 85. I think you suggested the mat I’m using.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I filmed them again just to keep track of colony growth. Im not sure how many months til nymphs get full sized. Positive news

Last edited:

SpookySpooder

"embiggened"
Arachnosupporter
Yeah you're exploding in roaches... when are you gonna start feeding off? Or are you planning on being a roach keeper now? 😆